Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Incoming NKD! (New Kirn Day)

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by TeleTex82, Sep 24, 2017.

1. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    1506233280107.jpg 1506233286277.jpg 1506233294407.jpg 1506233307195.jpg 1506233315197.jpg 1506233320238.jpg Howdy,

Got some very good news this evening. This beauty is almost done. I will hopefully will be celebrating a New Kirn Day sometime next week. When I got these pics they took my breath away. Mr. Kirn has absolutely outdone himsel. Thank you Ron!

2. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Meister

May 14, 2011
    South Louisiana
    Like it. Looks very versatile and comfy with the arm and belly relief.

TeleTex82 likes this.

3. tery

tery Friend of Leo's

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    That's top of the line right there :) ... Congratulations !

TeleTex82 likes this.

4. esetter

esetter Tele-Afflicted

Sep 1, 2011
    MI
    That's nice!

TeleTex82 likes this.

5. Deeve

Deeve Tele-Afflicted

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    Lovely, lovely, lovely.
    But come on; What were you expecting?
    It's HNKD! And that probably calls for Cake!
    Peace - Deeve

TeleTex82 likes this.

6. TeleTex82

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Thank you all, a Kirn has been at the top of my list for years so this is definitely going to be a happy day.

7. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Absolutely beautiful!!!! Now to announce my ignorance: who is ron? I see him referenced from time to time, and obviously he's an amazing builder of wooden stringed instruments, but still... who is he?

TeleTex82 likes this.

8. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    That finish is gorgeous!!! I love that you can still see the grain .

TeleTex82 likes this.

9. Deeve

Deeve Tele-Afflicted

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    Q: Who is Ron?
    A: http://www.ronkirn.com/
    I've never met him, but its a delight to read his posts here on TDPRI and he writes some pretty good copy on his own website.
    Looks like he's got an enthusiastic owner's club (and some of us who aspire to someday commission one of his works of art).

And best yet - TDPRI is an okay place to admit what we don't know.
    Most of the time, somebody else will show up w/ something helpful to reduce the ignorance and nearly all of the kidding is good-natured.
    Peace - Deeve

TeleTex82 likes this.

10. TeleTex82

May 4, 2010
    San Antone
    Ron is one of the best builders around, some folks (me) would say he's THE best. More than that, he is just a good guy. He's always helping folks here on the forum, and always gracious with his time.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/5_Tele_Style_Builders_You_Should_Know

Danjabellza likes this.

11. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv

Agreed! This is really the only guitar or music forum I use at all anymore. Most of the others, even our sister page, seem to be chalk full of folks who can't be bothered with questions. A lot of condescension, curt responses, and a general air of douchiness. I like it here. Very supportive and informative.

12. Budda45ftw

Budda45ftw Tele-Meister

Aug 21, 2017
    Rochester NY

13. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Oh that could fill a book or two lol he knows more about guitars than anyone else I can think of and is always happy to pass his knowledge on. Hes over 70 and still builds guitars 7 days a week. One time he was out walking in a storm and lightning struck a tree so Ron made a guitar out of it and named it wonder boy oh wait thats the film the natural but anyway during the hurricane in florida where he lives he lost power and whittled an entire telecaster with just a chistle set that once belonged to Bob Villa's grandfather. I made that up. But he is the most interesting guitar man in the world. That is the truth!

14. Danjabellza

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    This gave me a good laugh. I think I get what you're saying though... he's the stuff of legend.

15. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

16. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    Very very nice, congrats! And it's a Ron Kirn so you know it's going to be a great player!

17. Plumber

Plumber Tele-Meister

Jun 5, 2014
    london
    TRUE

18. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Zowie! Wear it out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.