Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

In this thread: Tell me why you hate Peter Frampton

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by buster poser, Sep 14, 2018.

1. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Poster Extraordinaire

I have no problem with Pete Frampton - if Steve Morse thought he was good enough to solo on 'Stand Up', he's good enough for anyone.

Now, if you're gonna ask me why I hate ABBA, I'll be here all evening.

2. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's

I first saw him with Humble Pie. That band knocked my socks off. They were the first band I'd ever seen that really rocked out on stage. After watching so many bands just standing around while they played, Humble Pie was a revelation. And his guitar work with them was ridiculously good.

I saw Pie after he left, with Dave Clemson playing guitar. Still a good band, but nowhere near what they were with Frammo in the lineup.

- D

Ben-Zion and Humble Pie like this.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco

4. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I'm don't particularly like his music, guitar, or use of effects, but hate? I have nothing against the man. Back then, I mostly liked his stuff. I just outgrew it.

5. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    Because he's a sick guitarist who was also considered a hottie back in the day. I can't think of a better combination of reasons to despise someone.

duzie, 8barlouie, aerhed and 2 others like this.

6. Wildcard_35

Wildcard_35 Tele-Meister

Feb 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I don't know why folks slag on Frampton. He was and is a great player, singer, and the phrasing of his solos is really quite interesting.

I sat down the summer after my senior year of high school to learn every solo from "Feel Like We Do." (the song) Finally got it pretty darn close about 3/4 of the way through my freshman year of college in 1993. I was a weird kid who wasn't really into grunge very much. I never bought a talkbox, but I learned the notes (there may be a few things I didn't do exactly right, but that was some good ear training!)

RoyBGood likes this.

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Don't hate the pate! I can relate. For many, it's our fate.

SnidelyWhiplash and StrangerNY like this.

8. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    ok but if you're a bald rock star, wear a wig FFS
    Paul Stanley has the good sense to know no one wants to see a bald Starman on stage...
    [​IMG]

Wildcard_35 and SnidelyWhiplash like this.

9. DCW74

DCW74 TDPRI Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    I hate Frampton because he is so much better than I am.

Jealousy is the reason.

SnidelyWhiplash likes this.

10. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    I like bald Frampton better than young Frampton. He now has gravitas.

11. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Gee, I hope he gets better.
    Is it contagious?
    The gravitas, that is.
    I know there is no cure for baldness.

;)

drf64 likes this.

12. stratclub

stratclub Tele-Meister

Mar 15, 2018
    PNW
    Yup, I hate him too. All those smoking hot woman crowding the stage knowing every word of the song and very willing to offer up their ovaries.

It's just not fair. I hope he dies from to much nooky unlike me who will probably die from lack of nooky. It would just serve him right.

scrimmer, Frontman and Frodebro like this.

13. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

At least he's not dead. I'm not sure if I should hate Roy Orbison's hologram or not.

Wildcard_35 and drf64 like this.

14. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire

I never paid much attention to him back in the day, but my wife and I saw him a couple weeks ago at Troutdale, outside of Portland, doubled up with Steve Miller. It was a terrific concert at a nice venue. Top-notch musicians and performers. Can't help you on the hate.

Peter Frampton kind of talked a lot during his part of the show, but I didn't mind. He's a guy with a lot to say. If I had stories like that I'd tell 'em too.

nvilletele and RoyBGood like this.

15. stratclub

stratclub Tele-Meister

Mar 15, 2018
    PNW
    That's just creepy. What a travesty. Ah dude (Roy's kid), your dad wasn't all that.

And speaking of his material, he made a career out of being a whiny little B****. We get that she left, but your ex best friend did you a huge favor by taking her off of your hands so suck it up buttercup.

For the life of me I have no clue on why some guys try to grow a vagina. IMVHO of course.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018

16. Humble Pie

Humble Pie TDPRI Member

Feb 8, 2018
    USA
    well if I ever hated Frampton. it was when he left Humble Pie! dam. dam. dam.
    but since then, somewhere along the line, I forgave him!

he had got together again with Steve Marriott before he died and recorded a couple of songs ! that are very good!!

17. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

Saw him this summer in Baltimore with Steve Miller. Peter was playing and saw the security guy in front of the stage blocking guests view. When he couldn’t get the guys attention to move he notified a stage hand who did. He can come by my house for a cook out any time. Seems very humble and genuine.

18. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    My first experience of Peter Frampton was that movie Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. Awful film with an astonishing cast. No one came out of that one looking good. But certainly no reason to hate Frampton!

19. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

Jul 4, 2008
    California
    I saw Frampton a few (or more?) years ago (has it been that long already?) on a tour with BB King and Sonny Landreth. Peter Frampton's Guitar Circus, it was called.

Sonny (of course) was the real star of the show. (Got Slide?). Even though he was the opener.
    BB was already in physical decline, so didn't show his amazing talent as well as in the past.
    Frampton was really good, really enjoyed his stories and songs. He still plays great.

Frankly, best part was in an intermission where I got to meet and talk with Sonny Landreth as he was signing a couple of his Got Slide? shirts I bought.
    Well, Sonny's playing was really the best part, but meeting him was cool too.

Who were we talking about? Oh yeah, Frampton. He's pretty good. I like him much better in his older years. His early hits were fine I just heard them way way too much.

boris bubbanov likes this.

20. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    I don't HATE ABBA......I just don't listen to them. Let's find someone to hate that we all can agree on....maybe Backstreet Boys? ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.