Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Importance of the Subject line in your Post ! Please Read

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by TDPRI, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Admin Post
    Note that this thread is almost three years old!

Cheers, Tim

2. KCKC

KCKC Tele-Afflicted

Aug 10, 2008
    Hingham, MA
    Maybe the title of twanger central post should be

date of original post 09.13.08, title, description (country/blues etc.)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008

3. TeleMark

TeleMark Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2003
    Prescott, AZ
    Acoustic version of "Run Run Away"

whoops, wrong place!

4. porgy

porgy Tele-Meister

Feb 3, 2009
    marion IL
    Only a thought! Bess told Porg to ask, Why not have a Tele lick section, where users upload a couple minutes of just Tele licks, then you could download them and use them in your music, copyright free of course!

5. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    I agree with moondoggie here, sort of maybe kind of

For what it's worth for me turn off the responses and if someone has serious comments let them PM. If "great job, Nice tune...." is causing problems turn off responses. Although, sometimes recording techniques are discussed or equipment questions which is the point of most players interest in the thread to begin with. So maybe a general education as to etiquette in the forum is the proper way to handle the issue. Of course you can't learn folks anything to much even with the highest quality teaching standards or instructions. Of course that being said I'm probably not the most pristine forum member on TDPRI.

6. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    I need to start looking at the post dates on these threads. I want to "lol" here but would I be beaten with twisted and warped Tele necks?

I wonder if anyone keeps a damaged or warped neck as a tire knocker or doorway bat or so-on. There should be a Tele gang where the initiation is to be beaten with damaged guitar necks or somesuch. Or even better a Billy Bob Thornton movie where he beats someone to death with a Tele neck.

Now thats off topic, but the thread needs new life so.....

7. Donnie55

Donnie55 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Jacksonville , Fl.

8. crosstrainer

crosstrainer TDPRI Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Cardiff
    As a newbie, can I upload a WAV file from my PC?

9. woodman

woodman Grand Wazoo @ The Woodshed Ad Free Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Mint Hill, NC
    I don't think so — WAV files are far too big for these purposes.

10. For-caster

For-caster TDPRI Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Central Florida
    O.M.G...I came home after a few drinks...read this, & thought? It is a wonder anything ever gets done on this site! Jezzzz...people! Which way is up? I put a song/link for you to hear...you click & listen, we talk about it.. done! Is this a little too much for everyone to handle? I'm not even being condesceding here. I know I'll read this tomorrow & think I was an arse, but... no not really,crazy stuff! Let us enjoy the music!

11. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Tipsy posting... almost never a good idea.

12. Frontier9

Frontier9 Friend of Leo's

Dec 10, 2007
    Greetings from Sunny New Jersey
    Have you had time to reflect yet? ;)

13. For-caster

For-caster TDPRI Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Central Florida
    I realize the wickedness of my bold print..please disregard my facetiae post....
    but if you read most of the previous post before mine over the many years/months..they do sound easily confused, at best...it's a multi-faceted world!

14. muudcat

muudcat Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2010
    Fountain City, Wi
    Since I didin't read the old post on posting subject lines ( my bad), I need to know how to edit my post title. I don't see an "edit" click or am I blind.

15. riverpicker

riverpicker TDPRI Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Las Vegas NV
    Listen to the Music/ no reply

I think if it would help that would be good.If someone really likes your tunes then maybe if paths cross along the way give 'em an attaboy, or is it possible to PM the artist? I suppose it might give a better impression of just how much the song touched them. Just my opinion..................................Rick

16. Lew11is22

Lew11is22 TDPRI Member

Oct 23, 2011
    usa
    I think you should let it go for awhile, and see how it develops.

Of course the feedback, may get ugly, once someone actually criticizes someones recording.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.