Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I'm in a mess here..

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by richiek65, Oct 1, 2017.

1. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Wow, what a great pedal to have for those "specialty sounds" that pop up in a set list or as a back up to all your other pedals. Thanks for posting that.

24 track likes this.

2. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

Exactly!

24 track likes this.

3. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Aug 29, 2007
    MV, CA
    I would want 4 of these linked with master presets to make all 4 change depending on the song. Ultimate utility board and small size.

richiek65 likes this.

4. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    Zoom G series or Multi-stomp pedals... Seriously! FWIW I am a G3 owner... no Bluetooth, but don't need it.

The biggest difference I see between the Hotone and the multitude of other multi-fx on the market is that the Hotone looks analog - but it isn't! I guess it passes the sniff test when other guitar players look at your pedal board ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017

5. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Or line6 m9 or m13.

codamedia likes this.

6. codamedia

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    Absolutely! By mentioning Zoom I wasn't trying to exclude any other players :D

This Hotone pedal looks fine... I'm not trying to dis it. But it's a digital multi effects that does one effect at a time... nothing more from what I see other than the looks!

Danjabellza likes this.

7. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

What i like about the hotone is that a pedal can be loaded via the app and then you have your knobs to twiddle a la a real pedal.. I've owned multis before and the whole thing of edit, scroll thru to whatever parameter you want to adjust, repeat for each parameter, store preset, then find you want to tweak it a touch so you then repeat the whole process, that did my head in... as long as loading a pedal only takes 5 to 10 secs so it can be done between songs at a gig, i think it will suit my level of techphobia a bit more..

YMMV..

Danjabellza likes this.

8. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    London
    Couple questions.

How do you know what knob does what? Seems like you have to memorise them from when you download the pedal type.

What happens in five years when they stop supporting your current OS/phone/browser/website no longer in business? Do you end up with a stomp box filled with your final download?

9. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

When u bring the required pedal up on the app, it gives you the image of the original pedal and immediately below appears a visual of the hotone pedal with the relevant knobs highlighted.. so as long as you can have your device reasonably close to your pedal, it should be smooth sailing

As per second question, your guess is as good as mine!

10. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

1506997205946.png

Screenshot of the app

11. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I'm resisting.

Wait...............

Yes................

I resisted.

I have enough crap already. Except for a few pedals I think I need.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

12. codamedia

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    So what you are saying is... yeah, you have to memorize it, or keep a phone/tablet close to the pedal during use which seems impractical to me. Something like the Tube Screamer is simple, many others - not so much.

13. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

The part where he started using the tap tempo on the modulated delay = hot.

This is reaaaally cool.

Also while I was typing the TS9 model started playing and I identified it by sound without seeing it. They're reaaaaaaally onto something here.

Boss: pay attention.

richiek65 likes this.

14. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    You'll end up with an xdoorstop like digitech did with their iBrick.

[​IMG]

Iago and Mike_LA like this.

15. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

No argument from me there, it's not gonna be a perfect pedal or completely practical to gig with.. but i love that I'll be able to get very very close to many pedals that i can't afford if i was to buy them individually, with what seems to be a much quicker and easier interface than a traditional multi pedal/modeller..i can sense it will inspire me to play my guitar more often which has gotta be a good thing

codamedia likes this.

16. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Holic

Apr 7, 2016
    Stygian Gulf
    This is EXACTLY why I despise modelers (Kemper, Helix, Amplifire, etc..) that rely on software to get the goodies. Obsolescence will come much more rapidly for gear like this.

Teleterr likes this.

17. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    The problem is not with self-contained modellers that rely on software. But rather those companies that bind their products to independent third party devices for their basic functionality.

codamedia and Staypuft1652 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.