Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I'm going pants shopping, and I hate it

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ira7, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:56 AM.

1. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Tele-Afflicted

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    "Now I'm constantly having to hitch up my pants or lose them." Yep lots of fun when you have a guitar in one hand and a amp in the other and you are 1/2 way to the door.

2. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    My tastes rarely change. I find what I like, wait for it to go on sale, and stock up. I have stacks of button down seersucker short sleeve shirts, which is half the uniform. Other half is cargo shorts, of course. Shirts from Land's End, and I'm pretty fussy about the cut and style. OK, very fussy. Land's End nails it. LL Bean for relaxed fit jeans, when I need a pair, which isn't often. Right now the only pair of jeans I own are flannel lined for winter. Cargo shorts, I'm not able to be quite as fussy. I rarely find exactly what I like, and unlike classic shirts, the styles keep changing, so I can't find them next time. Some of the best have come from Costco for dirt cheap. Not well made, but for $12? They last a couple years.

I haven't gone physically shopping for clothes, like at a clothing store, trying stuff on, for at least twenty years.

3. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I'm a bit like moosie, between Macy's, Lands End, Duluth Trading Co and Walmart I know my brands, budgets and sizes. Sounds like the frustrated folks here are trying on too many mystery pants. Find something nice and stick with it. Don't be messing with mystery britches.

nojazzhere and Lake Placid Blue like this.

4. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I’m relatively OK buying jeans, Carhaart T-shirts. That comprises most of my every day cool weather attire, with the occasional cheap cotton sweater, sweatshirt or long sleeve canvas shirt. Also OK buying summer stuff, because I find a pair of cargo or work shorts & just keep buying them until they change the style. Then I get pissed off, and start over.

What I really dislike is shopping for ‘khakis’ or ‘chinos’ or whatever they’re called these days. I rarely wear them but mere them for wearing with a sport coat at funerals (very popular at my age) and weddings (rare as hens teeth). I should just order the right size LL Bean chinos, a couple different colors, and be good til I croak. But I’m cheap, so haunt Kohl’s, etc, trying on various brands and sizes until something finally fits. What a drag.

So yeah, I guess I hate pants shopping. Now fishing clothes (they do exist), hunting boots, that kinda thing? That can be fun.

aerhed likes this.

5. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Carhartt makes a few different varieties of blue jeans, one of which I really like-and they're always in stock at my local hardware store.

I love going pants shopping.

LutherBurger likes this.

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

But, for whom does this happen?

When I first passed the Bar and decided I needed to dress like the lawyer of a plumber, and not the lawyer of a banker, I wore a suit with a size 34 jacket. Now I wear a suit with a size 40 jacket. Everyone's size changes; that's the one thing that scares the dickens out of the buyer.

I wear size 34x30 (34x29 when I can find them) and Vanity Fair has some decent blue jeans/ casual pants that are often on sale for $ 7 or $ 8. Now that I've got a bunch, I'm sweating bullets because I know my size will change some kind of way - that is the way it works.

Mike SS likes this.

7. koen

koen Tele-Afflicted

May 19, 2007
    West of Morocco
    Please define 'real men'.

8. dkmw

dkmw Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    Real men play Telecasters, that’s why we’re here:)

Lake Placid Blue likes this.

9. aerhed

aerhed Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2016
    Boulder, WY
    He means men who wear long pants (he says, as he let's a little line off the reel).

LeftFinger and Ira7 like this.

10. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    That there is the chorus of a country song.

Lake Placid Blue and Ira7 like this.

11. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Oh, it's pie, all right...

See, you NEED the clothes purchases as cover for the gear purchases! Ya gotta open up a few boxes of pants in front of her before the gear starts coming in, and periodically thereafter, so she doesn't wonder what's in those boxes that you're taking directly upstairs.

I can't remember all that! :confused:

12. Recce

Recce Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    No, buying clothes is not a chore. Sometimes online and sometimes at the store. Last time I bought jeans was Wrangler’s George Somethings at Cavender’s Western Wear. By the way, Walmart does not sell actual clothing go to a clothing store. Sheesh.

13. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    Pants are easy, shirts are the biggest hassle for me. Trying to get them somewhere between constrictive and tent-baggy, after they've gone through the dryer/shrink cycle is a crap shoot.

14. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    I consider that a badge of honor my friend.

15. Lake Placid Blue

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    Amen!!

16. Lake Placid Blue

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    If I thought it would work I would call my elderly mother and say “mommy, all the guys make fun of My American Telecaster. Will you get me a Custom Shop model?”

nojazzhere likes this.

17. koen

koen Tele-Afflicted

May 19, 2007
    West of Morocco
    So now I know why Tele players always look like potato bags...

18. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Did you hear about the guy who went shopping for pants that had 3 'pen is mightiers' [ahem], his pant fit like a glove... And Trebeck's mother.. never mind.

19. Pappy Yokum

Pappy Yokum TDPRI Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Chincoteague, VA
    Whatever you do ... avoid "relaxed-fit" jeans. That, and white sneakers.

Ugh. Double Ugh / Ugh :eek:

~ Pappy ~
    deplorable picker ;)

koen likes this.

20. Pappy Yokum

Pappy Yokum TDPRI Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Chincoteague, VA
    Don't men wear TROUSERS ... and, women wear PANTS ??? o_O

~ Pappy ~
    deplorable picker ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.