Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I'm First

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by claudel, Feb 28, 2013.

1. claudel

claudel Tele-Afflicted

No vintage Teles ( or most anything anymore ) but I once played and could have bought
    ( for US$250 I didn't have at the time ) the one with #0004 on the bridge plate...

I don't remember exactly, but it was probably either a "No"caster or a "Broad"caster :cool:

P.S. Nice reconfig on the site....

2. Cam

Cam Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Canada
    Esquires

I once had a 57 or 58 in 1969 as well as a 62 or 64 esquire in 1990. If I may be blasphemous, the particular instruments weren't all that great and were therefore sold or traded. ( Unless my memory is playing sour grapes). Sometimes vintage is highly over rated. Like any production time there were good ones and bad ones. They would be cool to have now for mercenary reasons.
    Perhaps the tweak knowlege I have now that I didn't back then could have made a difference.
    I do have 74 that I really like but I guess that won't be discussed here.

This is a good idea for a discussion forum, so thanks for the efforts.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013

3. claudel

claudel Tele-Afflicted

#0004 was a nice one.

My problems at the time were that $250 was a lot of money then, it's a nice dinner now...

Also, I couldn't figure out why the seller wanted a hundred bucks more for that one than the going rate for "old beat up Telecasters" that few wanted at the time.

Somewhere along the line I wound up getting a Telecaster shaped P-Bass (#0374 ) that still I miss to this day.

Stolen NYE 1969 ( shoulda gone to BOG instead). Oh Well...

4. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    I had a dream about an early Tele once.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.