Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Illinois - Twangin' in the Land of Lincoln

Discussion in 'US Member Clubs' started by Willie D, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Batavia here. And a perennial Naperville Ribfest visitor...normally a decent lineup of band there year-to-year! I've seen Steve Miller, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, the Doobie Brothers and Heart amongst others! Cheap Trick too, but I believe that was The Last Fling, not Ribfest, if I'm not mistaken.

2. craigs63

craigs63 Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    It's gotten too big and "popular" for me, I think the best unexpected music experience I had was seeing Firefall at one of the secondary stages in like a 1 pm slot. I thought, "oh, we'll hear the 1 song". But I probably knew 11 out of the 12 they played. Because I owned and operated an AM radio between 1974 and 1978. I think I've seen Frampton, Roger H. from Supertramp, and a few others there.

3. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2014
    Paris, IL
    Grew up in Robinson and now live in Paris.

4. kmckiou

kmckiou TDPRI Member

Jul 7, 2016
    US
    Naperville for the past 29 years. Raised 3 kids here

5. stringslinger

stringslinger Tele-Holic

Mar 22, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Lived in Springfield, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign, and Decatur at different points. Still make it up to Effingham to play a couple gigs every year. Used to work for Samuel Music in one of their branches (now closed for some time). While I have a lot of friends and family in Central IL, I'm happy I took the chance and moved.

6. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

May 5, 2015
    Alaska
    I grew up in Springfield, went to college in Charleston and have lived in Sterling and spent a summer in Collinsville, Belleville area. Also did AF tech school in Rantoul.

Nice state to drive through every few years as long as you've got an endless supply of tunes, but otherwise don't miss it much.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.