Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Ilitch Noiseless Tele Pickguard Question

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by JayLeonardJ, Mar 13, 2013.

1. JayLeonardJ

JayLeonardJ TDPRI Member

Hey guys!

I haven't yet heard back from Ilitch, so I thought to post here for all your users of the Ilitch Noiseless Tele PGNCS-T Pickguard.

The wiring diagram makes it seem like I need to separate my pickup ground wires from all the other grounds on the guitar. My lead pickup has a copper baseplate. Do I need to snip the connection between the baseplate and my pickup's ground wire: leading to me grounding my bridge unit separately from the pickup?

Also, will the shielding I did to the guitar negatively affect the system?

Thanks for any help guys!

2. Rob DiStefano

Rob DiStefano Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

i've installed more than a few ilitch lo-z dummy systems. all the pickups need to be wired thru the dummy coil, which means the ground leg of each pup goes to the ilitch coil, then to ground. the pup hot lead goes to the select switch.

there can be no other pickup lead path to ground - break both the bridge pup base plate ground and neck pup cover ground, and run separate plate and cover ground wires to the control cavity for grounding.

3. JayLeonardJ

JayLeonardJ TDPRI Member

Thanks so much for your help!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.