Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

If you didn't have to work...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stuco, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 27, 2006
    GA
    Imagine you have enough money to live on comfortably for the rest of your life, would you still work anyway?

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I'd make stuff.

3. I would. I think people need to work.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. mapletop

mapletop Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2012
    vancouver
    I'd open up a guitar shop with a small workshop in the back.

6. mindlobster

mindlobster Tele-Afflicted

Nov 26, 2010
    London England
    Hardly any difference between what I do for work and for fun, so I'd probably keep going, selectively.

7. OtherTom

OtherTom Tele-Afflicted

Nov 5, 2010
    State College PA
    Yes but it wouldn't be "work".

8. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 13, 2004
    Garden City, KS
    Oh, heck yes. I'd be building cars and guitars like a madman.

9. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Friend of Leo's

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    No. I would not work. It will never happen. Managing assets is work. I hope I get there someday.

10. kelnet

kelnet Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    No freakin' way. If I had enough money, I can think of lots of ways to occupy my time rather than working.

11. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I would dabble in engineering, maybe consult. I would get seriously good at guitar and my builds would be amazing.

12. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity

I've heard a lot of people say that even if they won the lottery they'd still work.

BS.

They'd go into work and on the second day someone would say something that rubbed them slightly the wrong way. On the third day they'd get tuna instead of turkey in their lunch order.

On the fourth day someone would ask them for a loan. On the fifth someone would insult them for being at work with so much money - idiot.

One week. They'd be on the deck of a game fishing boat with a rod in one hand and a bourbon in the other.

13. Tele-Caster

Tele-Caster Tele-Holic

Feb 24, 2007
    Tahlequah, OK
    I'd still work... But then, a lot folks don't consider anything I do for money now to be "work" in the true sense. The difference for me would be that I wouldn't work when I didn't feel like it, as I sometimes do now.

T-C

14. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    id play... and by play id do stuff that would be fun and what some would call work...id also do some philanthropy

15. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    I would volunteer somewhere doing something I liked, but I wouldn't have a steady job

16. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    I'd Love to find out!

17. Lenderman_k

Lenderman_k Tele-Holic

Mar 16, 2011
    Bloomington, IN
    I dont know what I would do, but I sure as hell wouldnt do what I currently do to pay the bills.

18. Schmikey

Schmikey Tele-Holic

Apr 17, 2009
    Winnipeg
    Volunteer at a food bank a couple of days per week, manage my assets, play guitar, putter around the house and yard. I'd find good ways to fill the 9-5 hours.

19. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's

Jan 9, 2010
    virginia
    I'd try to make and sell furniture.........hopefully one day when I retire I will find out if this is feasable

20. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

Jan 21, 2005
    California
    No way. I will retire the day that I am financially able to.

I have plenty of musical instruments to keep me occupied. Add in a little exercise, a little golf, a little travel, I would never be bored.

21. backporch guy

backporch guy Tele-Afflicted

No. Not at what I do for a living now. I would work at getting better at golf, guitar and fishing. Mrs. Backporch and I would travel some. If I found that I was bored with that, I would find something I enjoyed doing and do it. Probably would build a workshop and build guitars. Maybe learn how to build amps. My father worked until he was 80. When we forced him to retire, he was too old and sick to enjoy it. That's not gonna happen to me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.