If you are busking to a backing track, you're dead to me

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by maxvintage, Apr 27, 2019.

1. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

There’s so much noise in the world, it’s all music to me.

2. Recce

Recce Tele-Afflicted

If they are out there with or without a backing track or others to back them they are out there and good for them. They are doing more than I am. I hope they keep playing. Think I will go play.

william tele likes this.
  3. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Unspeakable cretin! I search, and search again, until I find a dead cat. Yes, they're not as pliable, but that is the world in which we must toil.

telemnemonics likes this.
  4. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Put me down as "I like good music". I love to hear someone play their interpretation of a song but I don't run screaming if they do it well with a backing track. I play on my back deck for coons, possums and squirrels. They don't like it real loud so I plug into a battery powered Pignose through a Carbon Copy delay...just loud enough that the amp matches the acoustic volume of my little Sovereign. They keep coming back night after night...

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I disagree.

Buskers with backing tracks drive out the people who are trying to do it all, in real time. There's only just so many five dollar bills falling out of tourists hands, and I've had business types tell me they just get pissed off at some point and stop giving anyone anything. They have a sonic footprint and nobody else can work in the area when they're there.

Not giving them money is clearly not enough. I'm not suggesting anyone rough them up or anything, but for example we had a restroom of some sort at every parking lot or garage I ran in the Quarter. If you were a genuine street musician, you used our restroom any time you needed. If you were an addict with a guitar around your neck, you didn't and if I were running such a place today, the "backing tracks" busker would not be welcome on my lot.

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Would this group used as a makeshift backing track be acceptable for busking?

[​IMG]

7. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

That group looks tardy with all those music stands on stage.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.