Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

If Ringo were kicked of The Beatles because he sucked...

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by BeatlesAreMyJam, Jan 3, 2018.

1. BeatlesAreMyJam

BeatlesAreMyJam Tele-Holic

Dec 4, 2009
    Wherever
    <<<Sarcasm Alert>>>

...who would have sung this iconic masterpiece?

2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    But he didn't suck. ;)

I can't imagine the Beatles without Ringo.

MitchMiami, grant53, irie and 22 others like this.

3. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    He also has written a tribute to George and his Allstars bands have been good. The Beatles were that rare combination where all were extremely talented.

4. warrent

warrent Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 15, 2009
    toronto
    Pete Best? Stu? Maybe Klaus

BeatlesAreMyJam likes this.

5. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2012
    Sydney
    No ringo no beatles. John called him the best drummer in the world (may that hack comic who misquoted John and slandered ringo burn in hell). John used him on his albums. George used him in his albums. Paul has used him

hekawi, DonM, drlucky and 7 others like this.

6. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    Keith Moon, Charlie Watts, Paul Hester, Stewart Copeland, Topper Headon, Rick Buckler, Kenney Jones, Neil Peart, John Bonham, Travis Barker, Tre Cool, Mick Avory, Mitch Mitchell, Dave Clark, etc...each has his style and has given us a body of work that can be enjoyed.

awasson, ifallalot, DonM and 4 others like this.

7. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

You mean Sir Ringo.

po-boy, Kebmel, drlucky and 6 others like this.

8. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Ooooo, more boyband talk.

Yay.

9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    C’mon, it’s what you live for.

10. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 2, 2006
    NY
    They used to sell memorabilia, one of the examples I read about was pin on buttons. The Ringo button far outsold all the rest of the Beatles.

11. Sleepyscholar

Sleepyscholar Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Nagoya, Japan
    That's because, as Ringo himself explained back in the day, although he lagged behind the other three in the number of fans who considered him their 'favourite Beatle', he massively outstripped them all in being the 'second-favourite Beatle'.

Such acute perception of mass behavioural phenomenon gets you a knighthood.

12. Hippieway

Hippieway Tele-Holic

Mar 15, 2009
    virginia
    A lot of people underestimated Ringo Starr, don't be one of those people. He has an amazing sense of time and the ability to not only be part of the music but to be the core of the music. To me, being able to make things sound simple (even when it's not) is an art unto it self that more of us should strive for.

Wally, Jethro, knopflerfan and 20 others like this.

13. MA6200

MA6200 Tele-Meister

May 12, 2017
    Maryland
    He played the right stuff at the right time. There are a lot of players, some great and others not so great that don't do that.

Wally, Tommyd55, FirTrader and 10 others like this.

14. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Charleston, SC
    Ringo may be the most underrated Beatle, at least in some clrcles. Always liked him and his music.

Jimmy Owen, drlucky, MA6200 and 6 others like this.

15. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit

Exactly.

Paul and John would never have collaborated on the classic songs they wrote together.

Each of them would never have written the timeless songs that they wrote individually if Ringo hadn't been in the band.

There really isn't any other drummer in the entire world who could have joined and made all that happen.

Just by his presence.

Do you see how those statements might sound just a little bit ridiculous ?

Just being reasonable, try this statement : "The Beatles would have certainly been different if Ringo wasn't the drummer". Or : "It's hard to imagine The Beatles without Ringo".

But, reasonable rarely goes along with hardcore Beatle fandom.

It's usually more along the lines of "so and so should burn in hell !"

It's been 5 years or so since my thread entitled "Yes The Beatles were geniuses, but I never need to hear them again" devolved/was misconstrued by zealots so that by the second page what I said was twisted into "The Beatles suck and everyone who listens to them is an imbecile !"

I was simply stating that Beatle-fatigue had worn their songs down to aural wallpaper - for ME.

Uh-uh.

You can't say that.

I found that out.

Eventually the death threats and profane private messages stopped but, it took awhile.

Ringo uber alles !

16. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    Well, it does have a trollish ring to it.

MitchMiami, Kingpin and nojazzhere like this.

17. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    He didn’t suck...get over it. Both he and Sir Paul, easily formed one of the most iconic rhythm sections in the history of music & just remember who put the BEAT, in The Beatles. Hater’s gonna hate

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018

18. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Friend of Leo's

Jan 12, 2007
    Cambridge, England
    What's the point of a comment like that? Nobody made you read the post. If you don't like the Beatles, fine, that's your prerogative, but jumping on someone's thread about the band to snipe with some crass "boyband" comparison frankly makes you look like a spiteful jerk.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.