Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

If Fender sold this, they'd sell. I'd buy one, how 'bout you ?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Mike Eskimo, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Yeah maybe theres a reason they changed the bridge. Leo kinda knew what he was doing.

2. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dec 24, 2015
    west of I-10

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    EAD string-through and GBE top-loader or GTFO.

Or was it the other way around... :confused:

boris bubbanov likes this.

4. ScribbleSomething

ScribbleSomething Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2016
    San Antonio
    I'd be interested.

I don't know if I'd be in the market. I'm pretty full up on guitars right now. Though somehow I still want more. But that's a different post.

I love my top loaders.

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I'd consider just having the big E and the A string through. The tonic difference is minor, at least the manner in which I play, and the bonus is, the binding of wire that holds the ball end on, isn't in your way, messing with intonation and scratching up your fingers. I find this binding comes right up to and nearly falls over the break point - IMO you don't want that.

Although with 9s and especially 8s the top load plain strings can slip around when bent strenuously - something for players of skinny strings to remember.

I don't think you need a drill press. A nail punch well aimed at 6 spots, and a small hand powered crank drill or small electric hand held driver is fine.

6. MrYeats

MrYeats TDPRI Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Texas Coast
    this one I just built is a toploader.

DSCN4233.JPG DSCN4234.JPG

7. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    '
    I personally wouldn't, but to each their own...

'

8. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    I think they would sell them. Although the top-loading is not as popular as the string through, there are enough people out there who like top loading and Fender makes plenty of 3-hole-bridged guitars.

9. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Holic

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    I think the point is some people believe a big difference comes from the strings going thru the body or not

To people who want them to not, but still crave Fender brand 3 saddle goodness... this idea is for them

My own irrational prejudice is for strings to go thru the body, so not for me

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.