Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Ideal Practice Setup!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LouisF88, Jul 17, 2017.

1. LouisF88

LouisF88 NEW MEMBER!

Jul 17, 2017
    New Zealand
    I'm a guitarist and design student working on a project that involves bringing together the right elements for an ideal practice environment. Whats your prefered tools, objects, furniture for this space?

Currently im working on a chair and table design that will have these components:
    • Amp support, positioning and accessibility
    • Storage (drawer and backboard storage for additional leads, headphones, strings ect.)
    • Music Stand
    • Pick holder/storage (easy access)
    • Guitar storage (1-3 guitars hanging)
    • Movable pedal board
    • Attachable guitar lead reel (reduce lead tangle and mess)
    • Built in multi plug for power accessibility
    • Seating that provides back support for long periods of practice
    Whats your thoughts? Idea's? Is it too much?

wayloncash likes this.

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Cooler for brewskis.

igor5, telleutelleme and LouisF88 like this.

3. Steve 78

Steve 78 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Melbourne, Austraila
    A big couch is nice for when you take breaks between practicing but I wouldn't practice sitting down.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. LouisF88

LouisF88 NEW MEMBER!

Jul 17, 2017
    New Zealand
    Where do you stand in reference to your setup when practicing?

6. Steve 78

Steve 78 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Melbourne, Austraila
    It depends on what sort of practice it is. If I'm by myself I usually face towards my amp. If it's with a band, usually facing the other members with the amp behind me.

7. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Isn't the first question gonna be what is the size of the practice space? Gotta know the layout of room; shape, dimensions, outlets, Windows ect...

I like this thread though, I can think of all kinds of cool stuff if i had unlimited budget and time.

8. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Wife out of the house.

All your ideas work. I also record so I can listen back to find all the flaws I have. That adds, computer, audio interface, for me a USB mixer, monitors and several mics.
    More power than I need. Pretty good rug to run all the cables under. One of those thick rubber mats to stand on.

wayloncash likes this.

9. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I did a quick search and found tons of good examples. Just a few. 7901baee02c1a067_0811-w500-h400-b0-p0--transitional-family-room.jpg download (1).jpg 7750d8c6-b795-4a2b-97c0-6aac2d331c06th.JPG x4m7o5.jpg 7901baee02c1a067_0811-w500-h400-b0-p0--transitional-family-room.jpg

LouisF88 likes this.

10. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Welcome LouisF88! I would suggest a set of shelves that could hold CD's (Still a valid tool), music books on tabs and such, small figurines of guitar art. Then last but not least.....cargo shorts.....:cool:

LouisF88 and wayloncash like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.