Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ibanez Jet King 2 Bridge

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by SixStringSlinger, Nov 8, 2018.

1. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 21, 2006
    Space
    I have and Ibanez Jet King 2 with this style bridge:

[​IMG]

You can't see them here, but the intonation screws are on the other side of the bridge, each right under its respective string. This makes it hard to work on intonation even while re-stringing, doing it one string at a time, and all but impossible when all 6 strings are on.

When the strings are removed, I can take the bridge right off the posts. Is there any reason I shouldn't/can't just flip the bridge around so that the intonation screws are out from under the strings? I figure I'll have to re-set the intonation since the saddles where positioned for different strings, but I'm doing this to work on the intonation, anyway. I believe the saddle heights are already set to match the fretboard radius (I can only raise/lower the bridge as a whole on either side). Could this pose a problem?

Zepfan likes this.
  2. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    String size
    slots accordingly

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    I'm glad to know this issue exists with this bridge, since I plan on owning a Jet King someday.
    I wonder whether the bigsby-ed ones have the same inconvenient set-up

4. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2010
    Decatur, GA
    Lots of people flip the bridge that way. Or the other. I don't think it matters except for the string slots.

5. SixStringSlinger

May 21, 2006
    Space
    Do you mean the slots at the tops of the saddles? I guess I could take the bridge apart and swap the saddles around.

Come to think of it, I think I'll have the same problem, since the strings pass over the bridge to the through-body holes on the other end. The strings will still be in the way of the intonation screws.

Still, at least the pickup would be out of the way.

6. SixStringSlinger

May 21, 2006
    Space
    Would the bridge be such a problem for you? Granted it's inconvenient, but it's not like I set intonation very often.

I might have gone for a Bigsby model, but I don't believe those have the coil taps, which was more of a draw for me.

7. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Never had that much a problem intonating using a long shafted screwdriver. Sure it's sort of a specific use item, but you find plenty of use for it if you have one.

Paul in Colorado likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.