Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ibanez DE7 replacement....recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by bluesholyman, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:26 PM.

1. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Afflicted

Nov 10, 2013
    Greater Atlanta
    The DE7 is probably my favorite delay I have ever owned but would like to get something that sounds as good that is current production. If you have a DE7, you know what I am talking about, why I like it so much.

Is there anything out there current production that has the DE7s warmth and clean repeats?

I am thinking possibly an Echo-puss, but I think the repeats are degraded, not sure....would appreciate some suggestions...

Thanks,
    BHM

2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    Mooer makes several delays. Have you given the Echolizer a listen?

3. bluesholyman

Nov 10, 2013
    Greater Atlanta
    I am not a huge fan of Mooer - tried their Reverb and it just totally changed the sound of everything.

The DE7 is an unexpected surprise - great sound for an inexpensive pedal. I don't think the current Chinese stuff is anywhere near as good...

4. RetroTeleRod

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    I remember hearing good things about the old "potato bug" DL-5 delay back in the day. It was supposed to be a warm sounding digital. I don't know how hard they would be to come by these days though.
    [​IMG]

5. RetroTeleRod

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    Oops...you did say current production didn't you. :oops:

6. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia Beach
    The DE-7 was my delay pedal for years until I tried a Carbon Copy. As much as I loved the DE—7, and it's a truly fantastic pedal, I really don't miss it. Carbon Copy is just insanely good.

7. bluesholyman

Nov 10, 2013
    Greater Atlanta
    I don't know why, but I have never tried this pedal....will have to give one a go...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.