Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I weep for the future

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soulgeezer, Jul 11, 2018.

1. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    The original link didn't work for me so I feel a little cheated. My stupidass phones fault, I know.

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Weep for the future? I weep for the present

3. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    I typed "axion" (i.e. a subatomic particle) instead of "axiom" (a statement of self-evident truth). The first time; the second time, it was correct.

4. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Tele-Holic

Mar 21, 2017
    Baltimore
    Sure, but spellcheck doesn’t know what words you intend to use. :)

soulgeezer likes this.
  5. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    I missed the other thread, so I have no idea what you're weeping about.

BUT...

I clicked this one for the Ferris Bueller reference.

What we have here may be a thread title failure.

6. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 21, 2017
    Near Philly
    Yup, almost everything I liked in the '80s I liked before the 80's. There were a couple of close calls - the Clash and Talking Heads just barely got over in the 70s, but the people I thought did good stuff in the 80s did as good or better in the '70s. Springsteen, Petty, Television, Elvis and Costello, Bowie, ZZ Top, I guess Stevie Ray was an '80s phenomenon, but that was da bluz and it had been around forever already by then. Robert Cray was doing great stuff in the '80s and he played ALL THE TIME in my neighborhood in those days, but he didn't really get KNOWN until the '90s. I liked the Fine Young Cannibals - I guess that was '80s. And I guess I have to give the '80s Los Lobos, who were pretty damn great. I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers in '84 and hated them - took until the 90s for me to like 'em. The 80's was a decade that was great for me personally - I graduated college, got married, had both of my kids, established myself in my career - LOTS of great stuff happened for me then. But the soundtrack of my life in those days was 60s and 70s artists, not 80's folks for the most part. And then we had some re-ignition in the '90s. The 80s you can keep musically AFAIC...

-Ray

Matt G likes this.
  7. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I turned off the radio for about 15 years starting in the last 70s and didn't have a TV and never saw MTV until I started to see some of the stuff 20 years later on YouTube, so whatever song you are referring to, I probably don't recognize it.

Regarding information differences before and after the start of the internet ... nothing on the internet can be trusted, because there are no checks and balances, no editors, and little authentic professional news reporting and very little verification that in itself may not be correct. We have become victims. So yes, to quote a famous TDPRIer, @blowtorch , "I weep for today".

Flaneur likes this.
  8. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    And yet, "traditional" media "news" sources have proven themselves no more deserving of my trust than the wild wild west worldwide web ones. Not to be all "fakenews", but, that was the case before that phrase was a thing, if you follow me.

9. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Holic

Sorry, at my age weeping about the future is not an option. My eyes are so dry all I can manage are some artificial tears for the present, and they don't last long.

drf64 likes this.
  10. Obsessed

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Are there any still around? Traditional media (pre-internet) had some integrity, but was always fraught with agendas, but not so overtly like today. Today, it is all out lying to sway public opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

The, "wild Wild West worldwide web" is an awesome description. I might have to use it with your permission. Ehhh, it is the age of the internet ... I don't need permission no more.;):lol::lol::lol:

11. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    What do you know about news, mountain man with no TV?:lol::lol::lol:

scrapyardblue and Obsessed like this.
  12. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    Nah...now was the future. Now is today. The future is not. The past was. Now was the past....yesterday.

Now...what was the question? No matter....the answer is that it has hit the fan.

High voltage situation. Too much resistance. Too much bias....the current is running away.

Obsessed and william tele like this.
  13. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    Oh. My. Gawd.

You cannot be serious.

14. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    link to other thread?

found it...that song is lacking....timing and the singing is flat in some spots. Don't know what it is. You could probably dress it up somewhat.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  15. Obsessed

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana

william tele likes this.
  16. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
  17. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Well, with today's technology it should know!!!!!;)

william tele likes this.
  18. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

Feb 20, 2011
    Lansing, Michigan
    So would I, that's the year I met my wife.

19. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    You know, it's entirely possible that this song was "forgotten" because it was never really "known" in the first place.

The future may indeed be weep-worthy, but I would not use this as the foundation for doing so.

Obsessed, nojazzhere and soulgeezer like this.
  20. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    We were teenagers with a couple of four tracks, a small Carvin board, and no clue. Based on that, I think it’s pretty freakin’ good!

Remember, there was no autotune or loopers or Garage Band or Pro Tools or cutting and pasting back then. You actually had to play the song all the way through!

3fngrs, bftfender and william tele like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.