Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I Want to Play My Guitar Through A Bluetooth Speaker

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by GoldDeluxe5E3, Apr 1, 2017.

1. GoldDeluxe5E3

GoldDeluxe5E3 Tele-Holic

Aug 5, 2015
    Concord CA
    Anybody know a gadget I can plug into my guitar output jack that transmits to my bluetooth speaker? Can't seem to find anything designed specifically for this purpose. Help?

2. Sandhill69

Sandhill69 Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2016
    Colorado
    As I remember bluetooth has latency and or sound quality issues when used to replace a cable.

kafka likes this.

3. bsman

bsman Tele-Holic

Jun 8, 2003
    Santa Clara
    Not sure about directly, but I frequently play my guitar through my iRig into my phone or iPad and into a Bluetooth speaker (Bose Color Soundlink.). Works fine.

4. edvard

edvard Tele-Holic

May 15, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    The best I can suggest is a guitar -> cell phone adapter. iPhones have this with their iRig adapter (ah, @bsman beat me to it), and there are quite a few available for Android, just search "android guitar interface" on Amazon or eBay or whatever. The cool part is there are also lots of amp simulator apps to kick it up a notch.

GoldDeluxe5E3 likes this.

5. jive1

jive1 NEW MEMBER!

Jul 21, 2016
    Alexandria, VA
    Using a Bluetooth transmitter won't work because of latency. The easiest way I have found is using a headphone amp like the Vox Amplug and running the headphone out into a bluetooth speaker.

6. Peregrino69

Peregrino69 Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2016
    Amsterdam
    I bought a Roland JC-01 and hoped it'd work. No go, abovementioned latency. Buying a pile of Apple for this is a bit excessive, methinks, so ended up using my MicroBR in between.

7. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Holic

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    There are better ways to go wireless that don't break the bank if that is what the OP wants.

8. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    As said before, the easiest way I found was to use a headphone out thing straight cabled into a bluetooth speaker.

thats not wireless but it was only two feet away so not much of a problem.

9. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    you may have to get your guitar into a laptop to connect and then bluetooth to a speaker

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.