Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I want this

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by golfnut, Nov 14, 2018.

1. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2008
    Canada
    Been kind of looking for something like this Custom Shop 52 Tele thats at Folkway Music. I see its been a hold. I think I'm going to call tomorrow to tell them that if the person that has it on hold doesn't end up taking it I would be interested. I would want to go down there and check it out in person before I committed though.

http://www.folkwaymusic.com/vintage...itars-amps/2014-fender-cs-52-tele-relic-1118/

tery likes this.
  2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    Very cool.
    Color makes me think of Vince Gill's.

brookdalebill likes this.
  3. Recce

Recce Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    If you want it maybe you need to go check it out.

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    All great minds think alike!
    Cool lookin’ guitar!

5. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Holic

Jul 26, 2010
    Louisville,KY
    I agree, that's the first thought that came to mind when I saw the picture of it. Good luck,hope you can get your hands on it.

6. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2008
    Canada
    Unfortunately the guitar did get sold.

7. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    there will b another one ;)

golfnut likes this.
  8. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2008
    Canada
    Thats what I figure. I've squirreled money away specifically for this and I don't mind it sitting there till I find exactly what I want.

G-52 likes this.
  9. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    that's the right thing to do ;)it took me three years to find my ex n°1 in the color and price i wanted, and another 2 to get to my actual n° 1 ;)

Fendereedo likes this.
  10. Timo

Timo Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    I'm the very lucky guy who bought this guitar. Apparently it had been listed on the store web site for about 12 hours. They put it up one evening and I happened to see it the following morning and I called them right away. I don't like to buy guitars without seeing and playing them but I talked with the guys at the shop for some time about it, and they took some measurements- the neck thickness that the first fret and the fret size too, and I decided to go for it.
    It's an amazing tele! I have had several custom shop guitars from Fender and this one is by far the best. The neck (.875 at the first fret) is to die for.
    I only have one other tele with a neck that comes as close as this one to, for me anyway, the perfect neck- and that is the neck on my Danocaster. (it's the one in my avatar) If you can your hands on one of these, they're also exceptional guitars.

Rat City, G-52 and mfguitar like this.
  11. csapo

csapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2006
    San Francisco
    Congrats!

No pics on the original link and I'd love to see your new acquisition! When you have time, pics please!

Edit - found 'em and it's gorgeous!

12. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2008
    Canada
    Congratulations on the new guitar. The neck dimension you specify makes me feel a little better anyway. To slim for me. My masterbuilt nocaster is .990 at the first and 12th fret and is the perfect size for me. Not quite as big as some nocasters. I'm looking for a custom shop 52 no smaller than .950 at the first fret.

13. Timo

Timo Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    Here's the one that the OP wrote about. New tele .jpg

14. Timo

Timo Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
  15. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Holic

Jun 14, 2017
    The backyard
    Very, very nice! HNGD!

aland1505 likes this.
  16. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    Beautiful Tele. Sorry you missed out this time.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.