Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I want a quadricycle

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Feb 10, 2018.

1. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2010
    south carolina
    Nice.

The fork is this: http://www.somafab.com/archives/product/lugged-disc-cyclocross-fork. Got a close out on ebay. I thought the Linskey carbon fork was too stiff.

This was an experiment discussed with the Rando boys out west. I was thinking about getting a custom rando fork but this is good enough for me at my advanced age and low miles.

2. televillian

televillian Tele-Meister

Oct 3, 2013
    Clarkdale, AZ
    double your pleasure

3. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    :lol::lol:I want one too . There's room for an engine on it

robt57 likes this.

4. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    My initial choice for the green disc bike was a tapered ENVE. But I read it was super stiff. And I had bought a 2014 Disc Roubaix I kept for only 6 months and sold due to being too stiff and too small biggest tire fit and ordered the Green Machine frameset. [my 3rd 'Strong' frame in 15 years]

Decided to go straight 1-1/8" steel powder coated to match although it was more coin actually. I figured I could always put a carbon fork on later. I am so happy with the hand made steel fork it won't happen.

I have two road bikes with tapered steerer forks and find them stiffer than I require. Both those bikes have a Trans-X Anti Shock Stem. I also chose handle bars that in a carbon flex test lost the worst for being most flex. Most folks that read that test ordered the stiffest. ;)

5. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2010
    south carolina
    Great minds think alike :D I hadnt heard of the Trans-x but I am aware of similar products over the years.

6. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Hard to find in the US, but shipped for free from the UK @ 68.00 each, worth the price of admission IMO.

The Domane of course has the ISO seatmast De-coupler thingy, but the other 'non endurance' Madone has a Syntace P6 seatpost that also flexes by design about 2/3 as much as the Domane mast and thus embellishes enough as to be worth it to me. These two Treks also fit fairly biggish tires that inflate out to just shy of 29mm on the right rims.

The green disc Strong bike had a shim and a 25.4 C2 Cannondale post. The logic being the smaller diameter post should flex more. Although after riding the P6 and De-coupled setups it is not nearly as effective.

The Domane front will take a 32mm tire and has a slightly bigger front tire than rear in summer. 28.5mm rear 31.5mm front aired up with the flex stem and de-coupler makes for diminished shock from the road, so you'd notice. And without having to run too low higher resistance tire pressures. Keeps me on the bike a bit longer. [plus I weigh 95 kilos]. Some tech should not be ignored... ;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

7. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2010
    south carolina
    I can dig it. I'm a little north of that weight since I had to cut back on my mileage, plus it has been viciously hot here for the last couple of years.

I had a bonk episode on a 90 degree 90 percent humidity day a couple of years ago and havent been the same since.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.