Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I want a cheap Tele knock off, but which one? Please need help with selection.

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by kuskus265, Aug 1, 2017.

Ohhh there is a poll

1. Stagg

37.5%
  2. HB tele

62.5%
  3. HB JazzMMaisteer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    Ah, I see, and know what you mean.
    a knot in the wood, right?
    I was having a hard time understanding the nut reference. :)

A knot
    maserung-2.jpg

A nut

360615000042480-00-220x220.jpg

nicod98 likes this.

2. Vognell

Vognell Tele-Meister

Feb 17, 2016
    Orlando, Florida
    I got the Stagg Tele...and it's ok for the money. Satin finish on neck feels pretty good. Not a string through body type of design..if that is important to you. The p90 in the neck is decent, and the bridge pickup will get you by...but I am inclined to find a replacement. Tuners seem ok, but also candidate for replacement. When I picked it up at my local shop (Guitar Haven, Indian Harbor Beach FL), the selector switch was bad.. So be warned that the electronics may be sketchy. The proprieter, Howie Kats replaced the switch on the spot, so no harm no foul, and muchos kudos to Howie for taking care of it right then and there. The pickup combination is neat, taking you from telecaster bridge twang to a beefy p90 growl with the flick of a switch. If I were in your spot though, I'd look at the Harley Benton black paisley model. Lot of good word of mouth on that one and it looks amazing.

3. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    sorry, I thought NUT was the correct word. Hey we have a few official languages here, and English is really not one of them... ;-)

Alamo and pdcorlis like this.

4. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    @nicod98
    No problem my friend, we got it sorted nicely. :)

nicod98 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.