Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I think this BMW magic trick is not given enough credit!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by homesick345, Nov 10, 2017.

1. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Exactly! Save the hate for Audi owners...

Lupo and Toto'sDad like this.

2. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I love BMWs and agree. I sell or trade in mine when they hit around 70-80k miles and the first $1k+ repair hits. Before that they are absolutely awesome to drive and really not that costly at least in my experience with 4 of them so far.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    On my way home from the movies last night, a bright yellow bmw roadster of some kind absolutely screamed past me, and swerved into and out of the lane in front of me almost hitting a fellow CRV driver in the process, when he got past the huddle of cars he was passing, he really cranked it, and then whipped off the road into a developed area in front of me. Yep, right into the parking lot of a hangout bar. I hope the guy didn't kill himself or anyone else last night. If he kept driving like that last night, he probably caught a ride in a Crown Vic Uber.

william tele likes this.

4. rich815

Yeah, try it. It’s awesome! :p

5. stratoblaster

stratoblaster Tele-Meister

Aug 2, 2006
    Scottsdale AZ
    I've got a 2001 540i 6 speed Sport with low miles (90k). We've owned it for like 10 years now. I could stand to get rid of it but, it's still a great driver. And what else has a V8 with a manual 6 speed? It's also worth jack crap on the resale market so I'm really better off just keeping it until it's worthless as a usable car which could happen in the form of a ridiculously expensive repair.

6. rich815

Yeah in that case you have a nice unique car worth keeping and maintaining. I just traded my 2009 328i in at 80k miles for $9k in trade in credit. Earlier I kept a 1996 325i until 120k. Mistake. Cost me $1500-3000 four or five times between 90k and 110k for various issues. Finally traded it in. Blue Book trade in estimate was $1200 but I finagled $3k out of the dealer to get my almost new 2009 with Sport, Tech and Premium packages as an exec demo with 3k miles on it and a sticker of $46k for only $32k with 3 years left in the warranty still. Not new but close. The 2010’s were coming in a couple weeks so they were blowing any ‘09’s left out the door.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017

7. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Guys!...it's not really the car per se that is being maligned....it's the PEOPLE THAT DRIVE THEM. And, if you don't recognize the callous and inconsiderate driving behavior, it's probably because you ARE one. When you say the disdain should be more directed at Audi drivers (or Mercedes, or Jaguar, or whoever) you're partially right. There seems to be common indifference to courtesy and considerate driving that goes along with owning and driving a somewhat "exclusive" car. This is not envy or resentment....just fact.

gtrjunior likes this.

8. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 20, 2012
    Beirut, Lebanon
    BMWs are exquisite driving cars. Some young hot heads gave them a bad reputation, but well... They are still interesting in my book.

Toyota Camrys are great too, but not exciting to drive

You can't blame a brand for a couple of rough drivers

9. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    Really? Arrogant people drive arrogant cars, and, by proxy, drive....arrogantly.
    It's rolled into the price.

gtrjunior and radiocaster like this.

10. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    For the record...I've seen some pretty bad behavior from the Dodge mini van crowd...especially when they have stick families and soccer balls on the back glass...:D

Toto'sDad and nojazzhere like this.

11. ebb soul

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    You can't drive a Camery arrogantly, only recklessly.. (careless without the atfitude )

rich815 and nojazzhere like this.

12. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Point taken. Maybe it's that everybody (except you and me, of course) are just LOUSY drivers.:)

william tele likes this.

13. ebb soul

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    That self healing skinned beemer at the detroit auto show I mentioned?
    I's squarely marketed at, you guessed it...heels.

Bones likes this.

14. rich815

I agree. I see it with BMW drivers, Audi, MB, Tesla, but also Ford Mustangs, Dodge Chargers, many pickups, cadillacs, etc, etc.

15. ebb soul

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    Buick drivers are real slow every time.

Doug 54 and nojazzhere like this.

16. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'm dreaming, of a white Beamer, just like the one's my daddy used to cream.

upload_2017-12-13_9-42-0.jpeg

william tele and nojazzhere like this.

17. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Around here the ones to watch out for are the minivans and SUVs.

william tele and Toto'sDad like this.

18. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    For the refined urban cowboy, who abhors dirt on his boots.

[​IMG]

william tele likes this.

19. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Mine is 22 years old, has 170,000 miles on it, and the most expensive repair so far was about $300. It pays to own a set of tools and know how to use them. ;)

william tele and Toto'sDad like this.

20. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    The one's with all them stick figures on the back window are to be give a WIDE birth. They're usually late to a basketball, or soccer game, got a full load of kids in there, and goodness knows it's difficult enough to get a phone call in with all that going on. That's when they sensibly resort to steering their knees and thumb texting a vitally important bit of gossip on the broadcast message line.

nojazzhere likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.