Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I smoked wife took my new Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by cobalt6300, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 19, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I just wanted to be the 500th reply, get the green light blinking.

This thread is smokin!

2. Telecaster '58

Telecaster '58 NEW MEMBER!

Jan 9, 2013
    Essex
    THEN DUCK

3. Comrade Paul

Comrade Paul TDPRI Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Columbus ohio
    Shame on the folks that belittled you, they are likely divorced and bitter. Quitting is hard. Money is a shared asset. She has a right to return the guitar as the deal was broken. My advice is for you to save your personal discretionary money and buy a build your own. I got a nice one from BYO Guitar - Custom Shop for about $500 all in. I finished it, put it together and set it up. I'm still working on the farking ground for the bridge PUP but I think my BYO is much better than any American Standard (or at least the ones I've played at Guitar Center).

4. cobalt6300

cobalt6300 Tele-Meister

Apr 26, 2012
    texas
    Rebelwoclue...that puts it in perspective! Amazing collection! Going strong here. I am putting the money I am saving money in a mayonnaise jar each week that I am saving by not smoking. Comrade Paul you are right but I got it back and holding up my end of the bargain this time--and not divorced! :)

5. neocaster

neocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2006
    Chester County, PA
    In 7 years, I estimate quitting has saved me just over $20k. I don't advise people to quit. Those who want to quit, they quit. Those who want to smoke, they smoke. Every day, folks decide which they want more.

6. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    I'm not a great smoker but quitting is a great thing, i'm progressively reducing cigarettes and i can feel right away some little signs of improvement.
    I want to be smoke free by the end of february and then put part of the saved money into gear.

Keep it going !

7. Belhade

Belhade Tele-Meister

For those who may have skipped the bulk of this thread, I suggest e-cigarettes to those who want help quitting, and can give advice. Joye eGos are some of the best and most popular around.

8. KeithRichard

KeithRichard Tele-Holic

Dec 20, 2012
    I miss those days of jamming in a Smokey dive bar or biker bar with a smoke dangling from my mouth while I nail my lead part. Today, you can get rip-roaring drunk or snort a line of coke on the pool table or bathroom, but don't dare light up a Marlboro.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TDPRI

9. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    Only thing was, I didn't make the deal you did- I waited until I knew I was done as I had tried many times- then it took 6 years to start collecting... Doesn't take long to pay for a tele at $5 a pack!

10. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Friend of Leo's

Aug 5, 2012
    New Jersey
    The OP title should be a Blues song.

I smoked my wife,
    took my Tele in her place,
    You know I smoked my wife,
    took my new Tele in her place,
    She went to pawn my Tele,
    So I shot her in the face...

11. 61fury

61fury Tele-Afflicted

Aug 28, 2009
    knoxville, TN
    good job Uncle Joe!

12. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane

13. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 17, 2006
    Prairie Hill, Texas
    I've never smoked a wife, but my ex worked at a BBQ joint and there were times that she tas..... :D

14. edie5

edie5 Tele-Meister

Feb 6, 2007
    Koper, Slovenia
    OK, take the tele and quit smoking (the most unneccessary thing to do). I've quit smoking 23 years ago and prefere playing a telecaster! :)

15. TwangBilly

TwangBilly Tele-Afflicted

Jun 25, 2011
    West Virginia, U.S.
    Well just thought I'd let y'all know, (if you happened to read my previous posts), that as of December 31st I am a FORMER nicotine addict! I am off the snuff for good!
    After 12 years, much money gone, some health problems due to rubbing, and several failed attempts at quitting, I am finally clean and healthier than I've felt in years!
    I finally just learned how to rely on God for my help, I prayed in desperation and asked Him to take the addiction and desire for it away and He did, instantly, gone! So praise God!!!
    And thanks to y'all for helping inspire me to be more resolved in quitting! So now I'm trying to convince my girlfriend that; "YES honey you ACTUALLY DID promise to buy me a Tele if I quit!" Lol! But her being so proud of me is payment enough!!! And congrats Cobalt! It's a new life ain't it??? 

16. THRASHOCASTER

THRASHOCASTER Tele-Meister

Oct 2, 2012
    toledo
    Classic Homer. Fell off my barstool, laughing. Nice work.

17. cobalt6300

cobalt6300 Tele-Meister

Apr 26, 2012
    texas
    Yes it is!!!! Absolutely fantastic. How foolish I was!!

18. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

That's a powerful statement, congrats.

19. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Congrats, don't let your guard down to quickly. 11 days smoke free is fantastic but don't get to confident.. Back sliding is common, even after several years smoke free you'll have moments.. Concentrate on being smoke free for the entire month, than shoot for two months etc.. You need to keep quitting to really win.

20. SSgt93

SSgt93 Tele-Meister

Dec 27, 2012
    Illinois
    Tasty sons a bit__es. I miss them once in a while.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.