Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I Recently Sold my 1983 Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by abunchofpedals, Nov 10, 2017.

1. abunchofpedals

abunchofpedals TDPRI Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Florida
    I liked the way it sounded, the neck pickup was so sweet. The only thing I didn't like was the big fat neck on it. I kind of miss it but I plan on getting another one. What's you thoughts on building one from parts? It seems like a lot of fun and I could get a nice thin neck made of rosewood (which would be awesome).

Anyone else play a tele from 83'? How do you feel about it?

2. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's

Jan 9, 2010
    virginia
    I've got an 83 strat- my first good guitar. It has a thin neck from back to front. They are seen as cost cutting and will never be of much value I think

3. abunchofpedals

abunchofpedals TDPRI Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Florida
    I wanted to buy an 83 strat, the 62' reissue but then I read that it's not actually to spec. I had a 62 reissue from the late 90's (I think) but I ended up selling it to fund some other gear.

4. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

May 24, 2010
    Scotland
    I have one. Vintage bridge, to replace the six saddle one, re-spray, original pickups and tuners. Sounds great, and easy to play, with reputedly the flattest board Fender ever sold. Top loader, heavy as an anvil.
    DSCF0247.JPG

5. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My 83 tele has a blade thin neck and my fav neck pickup.... and someone played the crap out of it before I got it...

certainly no closet queen... the old tweed case it came in still smells like every bar it has played in...:lol:

83 tele6.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.