I Played DeVille ML and New Roland BC Yesterday

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Grandy, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Grandy

Grandy Tele-Meister

Sep 18, 2010
    Finland
    I went in to check out the Michael Landau signature amp. Big and bold cleans as you would expect. I like the clean and cleaner channel set up. It's great if you don't need overdrive from your amp. I didn't like the reverb. It goes from zero to huge very quickly. Nice amp, good alternative to a twin.

There was also the new Roland Blues Cube Stage. I had to try that and I liked it somehow more than the DeVille. It's a very well balanced amp (whatever that means). More compact bass sounds, probably due to having just one speaker. Very easy to dial good sounds, great effects, plenty of other features too (two channels, bright button, boost). It was also pretty loud though not as loud as the DeVille. I'm still a little skeptical whether it has enough clean headroom for me. But it's on my short list for my next amp. I only wish the bigger ones would be a little cheaper

2. Telefonic

Telefonic TDPRI Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Uk
    I've got the 80w artist version of this amp.
    It's extremely versatile, great quiet, loud or really loud.
    Pricing might put some off, but certainly worth considering.
    My demo of the amp is on my signature.

3. Checkocaster

Checkocaster TDPRI Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Phoenix
    How would you compare the ML to a twin? I just posted a request for a comparison/contrast between the twin/deville ml, so your statement regarding the ML as a good alternative caught my eye.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.