Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I never realized how cruel cancer is...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by AndreDanican, Oct 12, 2017.

1. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    Somehow it helps to know that I'm not alone in my feelings. What a disease! I got really mad the other day when I saw a bumper sticker with a rainbow that said "God is Pro-Life", I wanted to scream "no he's not, he's Pro-Death!" I don't mean to steer this thread into territory that is unwelcome to anyone, it was just my feeling at that moment. Thank you all for sharing your feelings and experiences, it is a balm at this time.

2. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I’m so sorry; that is very tough. My old friend Tom died 3 weeks after his pancreatic cancer diagnosis, while my sister-in-law lasted a year. It is a scourge.

Take care.

3. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Meister

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    My condolences on your loss.

Pancreatic cancer tends to be very aggressive. A friend's husband was an incredibly robust, strong, athletic man who passed within three months of being diagnosed last year. A pathologist I talked to at length about this disease told me the medical research is very limited because most patients die so quickly after being diagnosed. PANCAN and other organizations dedicated to the fight against this disease are working hard to improve patients' options and chances.

Remember that you are your father's legacy. Carry that with pride.

4. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    So sorry Andre.
    My mother is stage 4 right now.
    Please may you take a little piece in the current thread from Paul in Colorado.

5. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    So sorry.

My mom died in 1986, when I was 22. It was almost a year to the day since her diagnosis.

Last year a dear old friend and co-worker died four months after finding out.

It's a hellish thing for all involved, and I pray they find a cure. All most of us can do in the meantime is support the research.

Again, my thoughts are with you.

6. CWP0126

CWP0126 TDPRI Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    So sorry for your loss. Remember the good times with your dad.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'm sorry for your loss, cancer is an unrelenting opponent of life. It looks like the world would put aside its differences long enough to defeat it.

J Hog likes this.

8. audiopablo

audiopablo Tele-Meister

Jan 11, 2015
    SoCal, CA
    Sorry to hear your family went through that. Lost my mom to breast cancer, which had spread everywhere. Things went fast, but then really fast. She was walking around at Thanksgiving, but really tired, and then on her last blessed days at Christmas. I say blessed because she fought to spend it with us. But we know those final days. From eating not much, to eating soup, to drinking only the thinnest liquids in a straw, to us dropping water via a dropper. And then hallucinations. But I'll believe her when she said she saw angels because she never said angel. Just talked about a guy standing in the corner with a circle thing over his head. There was no guy. There may have been an angel. But there was a passing and I felt it go right through me when she passed.

Peace to you man. That grief will come in waves. Your body knows what you can take. Tell yourself it's okay to feel awful. It's also okay to not feel awful.

Me? I see my mom in nature. I can't tell you what it is because it's personal, but when I see it, I remember her. And I give myself permission to remember her without sadness. Takes time. More than you want it to, but it will happen. Again, peace to you. You now live in two places: one now, and a timeless place in your dreams. Those will come when someone decides you're ready.

9. jimash

jimash Tele-Afflicted

Nov 5, 2013
    NJ
    I'm really sorry. Pancreatic is one of the worst.

10. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

Feb 13, 2007
    Park Island
    Hi Andre. My sympathies and best wishes to you and your family. I also lost my father to cancer this summer. He was way too young. I went home to be with him and watched him die a slow, painful death. I'm still angry and frustrated about how ugly and undignified the last months of my father's life were and there was nothing I could to help. **** cancer.

11. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    Sorry about your Dad

12. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    So sorry Andre.

I totally get it when you talk about you don't even know what killed your dad .

Same thing with my mom 12 years ago . If we had to do it all over again we would've taken her home on the day we got the diagnosis. The chemo just made it worse and the chemo ended up killing her in less than a month from her diagnosis.

Even if she had just had a week at her house that she loved, it would've been so much better than dying in a hospital bed but, you never know at the time.

13. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    Pancreatic cancer is evil. Sorry for your loss. May you grieve and heal quickly.

14. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    First of all, my condolences.

Yeah, like many of us, I have witnessed people at the very end of life dying from cancer.

It’s almost always the same.

I no longer trust news accounts of people dying peacefully” surrounded by loved ones.

I used to imagine they just kind of drift off to sleep.

Yeah, right.

It’s dirty business, and I feel for you and your family,

Toto'sDad and Commodore 64 like this.

15. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Tele-Afflicted

Sorry for your loss. I've lost two good friends the past year to cancer . A damned nasty disease it is.

16. jimmytheshoe

jimmytheshoe TDPRI Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Chicago
    Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family Andre.
    Just lost a good friend a month ago to the same thing. Cancer sucks, no two ways about it.

Remember the good times, memories can help mend a sad heart.

17. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Holic

Feb 12, 2011
    Southern IL
    Fly out of Memphis. Almost every flight has a child who has been to St.Judes,it'll break your heart. An evil malicious disease,it has taken my Mother My Father and several close friends

18. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I lost my father to it, too. I'm thankful for the time we got to spend together before he died.

Condolences to you and yours.

19. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    You have my sympathy. Sounds like your dad fought til the end. Be proud of him and remember the man he was.

20. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Holic

Jan 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    Sorry man. I lost my aunt soon after she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I feel your pain.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.