I need this tele! Or at least these pickups...

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by klasher, May 22, 2019.

1. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

Fender (not Squier) Classic Series 50s Lacquer. Holy crap I should have bought one when they first came out! I must have this guitar, or at least these pickups. I love the tone ten minutes in to the vid (10:00 to 10:19). So the vid says these were made in mexico. So I'm assuming these are the same pickups that I can find here:
    https://darrenriley.com/store/fender-mexico-50s-telecaster-bridge-pickup-0055216000/

or here:

https://www.angela.com/fendermexico50sesquiretelebridgepickup.aspx

Anybody know if that's correct?

2. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity

It's mostly the digits.

MilwMark likes this.
  3. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

Right, so to ask the same question about the pickups: is that the same pup as available at those links?

4. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

5. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin Friend of Leo's

To duplicate that sound you may want to buy the Stomp Box that he engages at the point in the video. You can see him turn and extend his leg - and at that point the sound changes. He is pretty darn good but I can't understand what he is saying.

Lost_N_Austin

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  6. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

I know he's switching between a marshall and a fender HRD. Not sure if that's what he's engaging when he extends his leg or not, but it could be.

7. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

The spec sheet Tuxedo Poly listed includes the specs of the pickups. The bridge has a resistance between 6.0 and 6.4 and A5 magnets. That resistance is the same as the 50s esquire pups listed on Angela.com, but it doesn't mention what magnet type they are. I need to do some research on that. Thanks for posting that spec sheet!

8. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

You'd hear the same thing from most any vintage style tele. Once you have even a CV tele with that amp, boxes, his fingers, etc, you will sound so close to that you'd ever be able to tell in a video. And i've had 2 of those teles. They're great teles but nothing special next to any other tee of the same woods and vintage design. The point i am trying to make is you're placing way too much importance on that tele and it's pickups from listening to a video. What you hear could be had with many pickups and teles from 1/2 the cost to way more. I liked my C50s a lot but i now have a squier CV 50s tele and it's a lot ballsier sounding than the classic 50s and the pickups are excellent as is the playability and build etc etc. But get the classic 50s if thats what you want. They're great too. Just don't expect it to sound any more like that video than any other vintage style ash/maple tele, and with a very different amp and fingers none will sound like that.(tho i gotta say, that tone is nothing secial IMO, just normal vintage style tele tone) Thats what u r hearing....a vintage design ash body maple neck tele.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.