Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I need a delay pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Gmountain, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jun 7, 2015
    Florida
    Which one are you guys using?

2. jimash

jimash Tele-Afflicted

Nov 5, 2013
    NJ
    I have a memory man deluxe big box, and a Boss DD-2.
    But my main delay right now is that Catalinbread Echorec ( $220)
    However, regardless of which of these three I use, thee is always another one in there.
    And that one is a Digitech Digidelay ( $50 used )
    IT has 4 seconds, analog sim, modulated delay, reverse, looping, and tap tempo.

3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    I use a Malekko Ekko 616 for general echo and Nocturne Mystery Brain for slapback and tape echo effects. I have a Boss DD-2 but it collects dust these days.

4. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    For digital - Boss DD-3
    analog - MXR Carbon Copy

(The Boss is the one on my main board at the moment.)

schenkadere likes this.

5. Thin69

Thin69 Friend of Leo's

Oct 28, 2009
    Galveston, TX
    EH Man Deluxe 1100 with Tap Tempo. Great sounding delay!

6. thegeezer

thegeezer Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Jul 5, 2010
    West Michigan
    Carbon Copy.

MrCairo46 likes this.

7. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA
    TC Nova Repeater... got mine used for about $100 (TC no longer makes that model).

I shopped very carefully for a delay under $150 and chose it. It has plenty of features (including tap tempo) and sounds good. I'm quite happy with it.

I see used ones for sale now and then, would like to get another as backup.

[​IMG]

TCE still has a page about it: http://www.tcelectronic.com/rpt-1-nova-repeater/

Good luck in your search!

wulfenganck likes this.

8. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2016
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Boss DD 3 and DD 7

RetroTeleRod likes this.

9. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Meister

Apr 19, 2014
    SATX
    I’ve had the MXR Carbon Copy for quite a while and really like it. Easy to dial in a good sound. Warm. Really sounds great with my Strat and Tele. I suppose if I was doing more exotic things with it I’d want something with tap tempo, longer delays, etc. but I just use my HD500X for that kind of stuff.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

10. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    I use the Analogman ardx20. Analog with two delay settings that you can preset, so you can switch between them. A lot of other enticing delays out there, and since I love having a nice delay, I am sometimes tempted to try another, but I keep coming to the conclusion I 'd be chasing my tail to make a lateral move, as the ardx20 is very nice.

11. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Holic

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    I'm not much of a delay guy, but the Digitech Obscura I bought on a whim is is a heck of a lot of fun, has a lot of options and sounds great.

12. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Catalinbread belle epoch

13. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    TC Electronics Nova Delay is a great and very versatile pedal; I took it off my main pedalboard because I liked the T-Rex Reptile's modulation better and I don't really need a taptempo. Nevertheless it's a rela working horse!
    I use the T-Rex Reptile (1st version) for slapback and long delays and a Red Panda Raster for everything in between - in general reverse delay and some weird pitch-shifting and modulation stuff.
    But then there is also my Danelectro PB&J which is also a fine little unit and now sits on my quick & dirty session-board.
    There are a gazillion opportunities out ther, I'm afraid........

14. Les Paul lover

Les Paul lover TDPRI Member

Aug 20, 2017
    England
    I use the Vox Time Machine.
    A great, dead simple to use delay. Has tap tempo, uo to 6sec of repeats, and digital and analog modes. You can have some modulations too.

It sounds great too, and can be bought for not much at all 2nd hand.

15. BluesHound

BluesHound Tele-Holic

Dec 4, 2008
    Enfield London England
    I have a Carbon Copy a Waza Craft DM-2 a DD-3 a Deluxe Memory Man an old Boss Reverb Delay and a Boss Pitch Shifter Delay (sorry can’t remember the model numbers), and I have just purchased a TC Electronic Flashback. I mostly use the Carbon Copy, but from my limited time with the Flashback I must say that I’m quite impressed. It does loads of stuff, good models of analog and I’m liking the tape setting. It also has a looper and the TC toneprint thing, lots to play around with.

16. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Pedals:
    Boss DD-2
    Digitech DigiDelay
    TC Alter Ego V2
    Joyo Digital Delay

Rackmount:
    Ibanez DM-2000
    Yamaha SPX-90 II
    Digitech 256+
    ART MultiVerb Alpha
    TC G-Major 2

Tape:
    Roland Space Echo RE-150

The DigiDelay and Alter Ego V2 get used the most. I made a custom Tone Print for the TC so I have a delay without modulation on it. The DigiDelay is a good all round good sounding basic delay with a looper built in that I've never used. They can be had used for little money.

The Joyo broke not long after I got it. I fixed it, but the ribbon connector from the switch to the main circuit board still needs a decent soldering. At least better then I was able to do it.

17. kingvox

kingvox TDPRI Member

Mar 23, 2017
    USA
    It didn't come in the mail yet, but I just ordered a Keeley Caverns V2. Looked great in the videos.

I like it because it has one switch for reverb, and one for delay. I mostly play through vintage amps that don't have reverb so I rely on a pedal for reverb, which I always have on. I was looking for a delay pedal, and settled on the Keeley to save real estate on my board, and also save one port on my Voodoo Lab Pedal Power, since the Keeley is two effects in one but still runs on 9v.

18. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    Not a mention of the little Donner Yellow Fall?....best bang for the buck.

Georox and hrstrat57 like this.

19. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    Carbon Copy or Belle Epoch. Had a Flashback and it was fine.

20. SebC

SebC Tele-Meister

Apr 21, 2017
    New York
    I like the sound of my moog minifooger. Goes from brighter to darker as you increase delay time and has a nice sounding drive knob

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.