Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I most enjoy music that I could see playing

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Bob Mc, May 27, 2010.

1. Bob Mc

Bob Mc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Mo'town NJ
    What I mean by that is, I prefer listening to music that, although usually completely out of reach due to my talent budget, is based on what I know about guitar, mandolin or voice; I could (and do) imagine myself playing it. It has probably severely limited me, but I have come to terms with it.

Howsa bout youse?

2. Parma_TeleMon

Parma_TeleMon Friend of Leo's

Feb 5, 2009
    Columbia, MD
    I tend to listen to stuff I couldn't possibly play - like when I saw Glass Harp last Sunday. Probably the 6th time I've seen Keaggy play over the past 25 years and he just keeps getting better.

3. Bob Mc

Bob Mc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Mo'town NJ
    I think of him, McLaughlin, Kottke etc. as unobtainable but I understand bits of it technically. There is a place I go in my head; an alternate universe where I as a teen absorbed (more than Foghat) and developed like they did. So they still fall in the "I can relate" category (as delusional as that is).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.