Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I got my wisdom tooth pulled.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Donny Osmond fan, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Holic

May 6, 2018
    Uknown.
    Ok, so I got my wisdom tooth pulled. Did it hurt? No, it did not. After the novocaine wore off it felt my jaw was broke and hit with brass knucks. The next day no pain or anything. Today the same. No pain soreness nothing. Now the other side of my mouth hurts why? A broken tooth over there. Next week they are pulling it.

And on the side of the mouth, they pulled no problems. And it just needs to heal. But my mouth feels great overall. And I can eat on that side no problem. So do not be scared of the dentist. God really blessed me buy only letting my mouth hurt 1 day only. God is so good. And the women dentist was fine as wine.

I'm going to eat soft stuff for 8 weeks. For both teeth, so that is nine weeks really. Then I'm going to an all you can eat Buffett. And eating some prime rib and things like that. :twisted::lol::D

Jimmy Owen likes this.
  2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Does Warren Buffett know about your cannibalism?

Anyhowdy, good to here they're out. I had four impacted ones and their removal left me with good-sized haematomas, so they must have put up a struggle. I too, offered thanks, to modern dentistry.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  3. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    Yep did that recently. Had to have an oral surgeon do it under full anaesthetic. Still, they got the thing out in one piece and gave it to me in a special case as a souvenir. It’s amazing how deep these things are. Consider yourself lucky I chose not to post a photo.

4. Donny Osmond fan

May 6, 2018
    Uknown.
    She yanked like crazy. It was broke. So I never saw it. Did yours hurt for days afterward?

5. Donny Osmond fan

May 6, 2018
    Uknown.
    Monday they are pulling the other one. On my right side. It is not the wisdom. It is a broken tooth. My mouth hurts very little on the left side.

6. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I’ve had really good dental hygiene for decades but I just had my molar in front of where the right wisdom was pulled on Monday. They figure the root was cracked and even though we did a root canal to try and head it off, the jaw still has a low level infection below the molar. Only one solution, pull the tooth and think about whether I want a permanent tooth put in its place. No rush to decide and you can’t notice it’s gone.

Once the freezing wore off, yes it hurt. I had some scrambled eggs and the pain receded. That was cool. A couple of hours later the pain was back so I took a Tylenol with codeine. Just one did the trick. Today it aches just a little. I figure it’s healing. No swelling at all after the procedure. I’ve got a pretty great dentist.

7. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    I kind of have this notion that if you can make it out of your 30s with your wisdom teeth, you are kind of home free. Dude, I feel for you, but sounds like you bounce back quickly. I had all 4 of mine out when I was 20 and I was sick for a week.

8. Donny Osmond fan

May 6, 2018
    Uknown.
    A week? I'm glad God was on my side. My pastor had his pulled. It hurt him like crazy. So I was not looking forward to it. But God must have done a miracle.

drf64 likes this.
  9. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    Get happy pills?

10. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    I must be stoopid because I only had one wisdom tooth, it was pulled. Didn't hurt what with all the novocaine but I hated the cracking and crunching noises the oral surgeon made when he was getting the tooth out. Well, he didn't make cracking and crunching noises, my tooth did when he was using the channel locks and hammer to get it out. Anyway, eat lots of soft food for a few days, it'll get better.

11. '64 Tele

'64 Tele Tele-Holic

Mar 8, 2013
    NW Arkansas
    Not a wisdom tooth, but the molar directly in front of. I'd had a motorcycle accident in Oct. 2011 and
    on landing (highway), I hit my teeth together with such force that I bit the edge (side) of my tongue off.
    I'd had this molar treated with a (first) temp filling in the face of the tooth (lasted 4 years), then root canal and crown, then finally had to have it pulled as one of the roots had fractured below gum line.
    FYI, I'm out of the motorcycle riding business since Oct. 2011. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

12. Teleposer

Teleposer Tele-Holic

Sep 28, 2016
    UK
    Congrats. So did I.

I had to wait a couple of years first though. Have several abcesses and get addicted to Codeine to kill the pain. Not to mention messing up my biological system via 4 courses of antibiotics.

God bless the NHS - the envy of the world.

By the way, the amount of houses I've had to rob since getting my opiate addiction is probably not good. A few OAP's got mugged too for their handbags. Still, I needed to get my fix. Don't judge me too hard.

J/k.

There's a reason why Americans laugh at British people, baby!

[​IMG]

13. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin
    I'd be more like ..... :eek:

Marathon Man.jpg

14. srvbluezz

srvbluezz Tele-Meister

May 25, 2006
    jersey
    I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 20 yrs ago by my uncle who is a dentist in Taiwan. Let's just say that they do things different in other countries. He explained to me that he was gonna make a small incision, break the teeth into small pieces and extract the pieces through the small incision. 18 shots of novacaine and I felt everything. Most painful experience ever. He didn't even stitch me up. I had to wait for the cut to scab up. 20 yrs later the nerves back there are messed up. If I have something sour it can get really sensitive. Hey at least I don't have my wisdom teeth anymore...

15. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Wisdom teeth. I still have all four of mine. I was blessed with strong, healthy teeth. My wife and kids have had theirs pulled, and my wife has had a few root canals.

So no, I don't fear the dentist.

16. MisterZ

MisterZ Tele-Meister

Apr 29, 2016
    Finger Lakes of NYS
  17. jaybones

jaybones Friend of Leo's

First pair I had out when I was 21, 1 was partially erupted (not fully impacted, just came in, hit the band from my braces on my back molar and twisted. Pushed that band off and twisted).

They did a general, and really had to dig. Bones shattered, and I had bone shards growing out for 6 months after.

Had it done over Christmas break, and while my mom was out filling my script (hydrocodone IIRC) I slipped out into my sage green VW Westcalia camper bus and toked up a little.

When she got back I was dosing on the couch. Gave me my pill saw my eyes and figured I was still having the effects of the anesthesia. Told me to go to bed. (Thanks!!!)

My right jaw swelled pretty badly, and the sutures cut into my gums. Was feeling around with my tongue on them and managed to untie it.

Since I'd only had one side done my teeth shifted toward that side.

When I was 37 they decided to take the other side out.

This time they recommended I sleep sitting up right to reduce swelling. That did the trick- almost no swelling.

18. Tezuka27

Tezuka27 Tele-Holic

Apr 11, 2011
    Eastern Iowa
    I had three pulled at the same time back in 2003. They put me out and sent me home with a pain killer called Lortab. That stuff knocked me on my butt. I was back at work the next day because I had to finish some animations for the World Cup for Puma. I would wait until I couldn't stand the pain any longer and then take one around lunch time. It took about 1/2 an hour to kick in. After that, I would sit at my computer and just nod out at the keyboard for the rest of the day. So from like 12:30 to 5:00 I might end up getting 1/2 hour to 45 minutes worth of work done. Not fun on a deadline.

jb

19. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    Yeah, a few days of painkillers.

20. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Sounds like the same thing that happened with mine (in front of where a wisdom would have been). Root canal to try to save the tooth but because my dentist was unsure of success, he didn’t put in a crown. He just filled it so we could see if it survived. Three years later it wasn’t really improving so out it came.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.