Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

I got charged $22 for a metal 6C5...

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Mike Eskimo, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Amp sounds great but...

I guess I just think there are warehouses full of the old metal tubes but maybe I'm mistaken

2. mRtINY

mRtINY Tele-Afflicted

May 7, 2015
    Orygun
    What was the total bill? A markup like that isn't unreasonable if it includes installation and testing...

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Whole bunch of stuff - some caps, cord, speaker out, etc.

I think the opposite - since was doing all kinds of work, don't make 3X what a tube is worth - how about just 2X ?

5. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
    Might have a couple of those lying around. I'll run 'em through a tester if you want 'em.

6. mitchfit

mitchfit Tele-Holic

Aug 14, 2011
    north east texas
    "I think the opposite - since was doing all kinds of work, don't make 3X what a tube is worth - how about just 2X ?"

more data please.

dunno position this tube occupies. can only guess if it would have been worthwhile for the tech to warm up and audition a half dozen or more tubes to install the one with the best sound.

[before you scoff, some do so. see the two i know of: zook or muchxs--just here at tdrpi alone. am aware of others...]

--IF-- he did same it wouldn't be unrea$onable at all.

purely speculation on my part however,
    mitchfit

7. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Is he your regular tech? I'd ask him 'what's up'?

8. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

May 24, 2010
    Canada
    Maybe break it down as 1X for the tube, 1X for the shop, 1X for the tech.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.