Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I finally got a Marz 6.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by John Backlund, Feb 11, 2019 at 7:05 PM.

1. John Backlund

John Backlund Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    UPS dropped a box off around noon, it had a green Marz 6 in it. Other than my original prototype, this is the first of the 'production' Marz guitar(z) I've seen first hand, and probably the last, as I don't think more than twenty were made, so I'm not entirely comfortable referring to it as a 'production guitar'.

I took some photos of it alongside the gold finished prototype. There were a number of changes made between the prototype and production instrument, which always happens, so no surprised there. Anyway, it's a nice addition to my expanding little collection of 'My Stuff'.
    IMG_20190211_124551648.jpg

IMG_20190211_125533661_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190211_125837403.jpg

IMG_20190211_130252037.jpg

uriah1, TigerG, Zepfan and 6 others like this.
  2. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Memphis TN
    cool stuff, I like the look of the bridge cover on the gold one but it's probably more practical not to have the cover when playing it.

John Backlund likes this.
  3. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    The costs associated with fabricating a bridge cover similar to the one on the prototype was just too much for such a small run of guitars, otherwise I would have very much liked to include it. Often, interesting features fall victim to financial limitations, even if they are likely to end up in the junk drawer with all the tele ashtray covers.

4. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Far out! Those look like some kinda evil space ships - ready to fly!

5. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
  6. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    Thanks Deeve, it is 'different' I guess.

7. Deeve

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    Well, the shorty Tele plate is a sensible mod for production sake, but I also like the location (both) of the input jack as well.

Could we see a build-video to show how that body shape evolves from blank canvas to piece of art?
    Peace - Deeve

8. John Backlund

Nov 2, 2003
    South Dakota
    There's no video, but I do have a bazillion photos in my files that the builder, Marco Krijger, took of the gold prototype during every phase of it's construction in Holland, though the guitar was painted here in the U.S. after he shipped it to me.

I could dig some of them out and post a series of them if there was any interest in seeing them.

9. Deeve

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    John - Shall I start a new thread, polling for interest in a pictorial?
    I devoured Ron Kirn's "here's how to set 'em up" article on his web-site and imagine I'm not the only one who hit "save" for reference.
    [edit - I've also subscribed to Marco Krijger's YT channel - pretty cool] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYjOcQfyE7KIpB3oDlUWvw

BTW - even though I'm a sucker for the circle brushed, machined metal plate on the gold sparkle proto, the green body w/ tort guard is a solid sender as well.

Mad respect - Deeve
    Like.png

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.