Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I ate a nice weight watcher breakfast of a bowl of Cherios laced with honey!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, May 14, 2018.

1. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    People who avoid fruit to avoid diabetes, didn't get the memo. It is high glycemic index foods to avoid. For example, blueberries is a low glycemic index fruit, whereas refined flour like you find in most store bought bread has a high glycemic value. Russet potatoes and white rice are other examples of high glycemic foods to avoid as much as possible. My wife was diagnosed as pre diabetes (her dad was a diabetic type II late in life). Four years later, she is out of that category and we both lost 25, just from reducing and eliminating high glycemic value food. Wasn't very difficult and I feel way better with 25 less pounds to haul around. So, just sayin'

noah330 and Toto'sDad like this.

2. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    It's def a change that's for sure. Like I said, I do go out with my wife once a week to eat. Saturday we went to a taco place, but I ran 4 miles that morning and ordered less than I normally would.

All in all I feel much better and have more energy with no back problems, coughing, etc....

rich815 likes this.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Actually I'm about 6' tall and weigh about 15 less than you do. I'm pretty active for an old guy. Just finished mowing and edging my yard, I'm the only guy in this neighborhood that doesn't have a gardener. I've always liked doing things for myself. I also put in quite a bit of time at golf. I could stand to lose another 20 lbs without a doubt, but it's better than the 245 I weighed when I quit working. My blood work has been pretty good, and I'm tested twice a year.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    rich815 likes this.

4. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    You know, as old as I am, I'm kind of shootin' for a sudden death from a heart attack, seems like a much more desirable death than some of the things they hand out at the hospital!

5. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Since I'm from Alabama I put salt on EVERYTHNG! I think that cuts the sugar into small bits and pieces that just run right on out of the water hose. Went to lunch yesterday with family, they had the audacity to leave the salt shaker off of the table just cause we were having salad and pizza. My son puts on a salad bar like a place with spit shields and I've actually begun to like to eat salads with all the trimmings, but man, ya gotta have salt and ground pepper on all that greenery! Pizza, sure they dump some salt on it, but that's been cooked! It's already lost most of its sugar killing properties, got to be on the safe side and put some fresh salt on there to kill of anything that might not be good for you!

Nightclub Dwight and Piggy Stu like this.

6. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Peanut butter ain't supposed to be sweet. Nuts/salt.

Awwww c'mon man, eatin' peanut butter without honey is like playing air guitar, it may look impressive, but you don't get much out of it!

7. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    When you say Weight Watcher, what are you watching.... your weight increase.

2 Headed Goat likes this.

8. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    Can you really stand to lose another 200lb?

Maybe you are just retaining water to balance out all the salt

Obsessed and Toto'sDad like this.

9. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I'd be almost as skinny a Phylis Diller then!

10. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    My brother in law who coined the phrase, " a Telecaster is a Telecaster" also provide the world with this bit of wisdom. "You're just the size you are." I've went on crash diets, exercise diets, hard work diets (the best kind) and probably lost enough weight in my lifetime to build several William Teles, (though they wouldn't be unique like he is) with some left over to spare. In the end, you ALWAYS come back to where my brother in law's saying kicks in. You're just the size you are. You ain't lost it, and kept it off 'til you're dead.

11. Piggy Stu

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    (Bikini) pics or it didn't happen

Toto'sDad, 2 Headed Goat and Obsessed like this.

12. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    is this the FEB of which you speak?

full irish breakfast - Murphy's Bar - Amsterdam.jpg

blood pudding, anyone? I think this was consumed at Schipol one morning, on my way to Romania.

...btw @Toto'sDad - I've been enjoying the abbreviated title to this thread:
    "I Ate a Nice Weight Watcher" ...

2 Headed Goat, Rowdyman and Toto'sDad like this.

13. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    All that salt is my secret weapon against going bad. They recommend you eat fresh port within two days of it being refrigerated. You can keep SALT PORK for up to a month in a refrigerator and it's still edible. (provided you eat pork, some don't) My reasoning is, if it makes pork last fifteen times as long, and I'm porky, then I oughta last fifteen times as long!

If you try to tell me different I'm gonna:

[​IMG]

14. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Now that right there is some breakfast!

15. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    ...btw @Toto'sDad - I've been enjoying the abbreiviated title to this thread:
    "I Ate a Nice Weight Watcher" …

If I was hungry enough, and had plenty of salt...

16. Piggy Stu

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    What a masterpiece. I trust that was your starter, before clearing the plate behind the pint glass?

(That pint glass needs filling with hot tea if you want the full experience)

I know that tomorrow I needs to finds meself some of that sweet sweet FEB

2 Headed Goat likes this.

17. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    ...there may have been some tea on the side of my English colleague's plate. Didn't double down on the breakfast, but as I recall, another pint may have been involved, as this was just a connection to Bucarest, and I believe a minimum of 2 pints are required to brook the "flight attendants" on Tarom...

18. Piggy Stu

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    Well, if I ever do run this country, you just passed your citizenship test

teletimetx likes this.

19. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Well, seems like you're taking that goal quite seriously. Have you considered adding bacon to all of your food instead of just salt?

Toto'sDad likes this.

20. Piggy Stu

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    You got to admit having a death certificate with cause 'streaky bacon' would be classy

Obsessed likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.