Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I ate a nice weight watcher breakfast of a bowl of Cherios laced with honey!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, May 14, 2018.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Then I got to thinking about a nice big juicy hot link sitting in my refrigerator. So, I gathered it up, put it in the microwave, and heated up a big ol' roll to put it in, shook me out some HOT green chilis out of the jar, and finished my nice healthy breakfast. Polished it off with a glass of orange juice and a couple of cups of coffee. Mmmmmm. It feels so modern man eating a good healthy breakfast!

2. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Every morning its the same thing : real peanut butter on two brown rice cakes, thick greek yogurt with some kinda fruit or natural jam in it, and a couple of those Morningstar Farms fake sausage patties. Oh - and black coffee.

I freakin' hate it.

strat54 and Toto'sDad like this.

3. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    My wife eats healthy, I eat what I want, restores balance to the universe!

soul-o, strat54, kuvash and 4 others like this.

4. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Every morning its the same thing : real peanut butter on two brown rice cakes, thick greek yogurt with some kinda fruit or natural jam in it, and a couple of those Morningstar Farms fake sausage patties. Oh - and black coffee.

I freakin' hate it.

Why would you hate black coffee? :D

strat54 and kuvash like this.

5. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    When I eat peanut butter, I want all the additives so I eat me some Jif Extra Crunchy on English Muffins, with lotsa honey. My wife eats some awful looking NATURAL peanut butter (what's natural about peanut butter) that has this foul looking oil floating on top of it. I tried it once, but I spit it out, brushed my teeth, then fixed me some JIF. She uses a butter knife to get her peanut butter out of the jar and spread a thin layer on her bread. I use a table spoon, I mean if you're gonna eat peanut butter, eat peanut butter! I pat the middle of the peanut butter down on my English muffin so there's a little dam to hold the honey!

Wildcard_35 and aerhed like this.

6. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    It’s a well-known fact that if you eat some broccoli or kale, you can accompany it with half of a fried chicken and be all good.

7. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Eat whatever you want just keep it to 2000-2500 calories a day useless you want to carry the equivalent of a few bowling balls strapped around your waste down the road.

Take it from me who has lost 40 lbs (270 to 230) the last 5 months only by tracking my calories, doing a bit more exercise (mostly walking more) and keeping it under 2100 cals a day.

Turns out I was eating 3000-4000 a day without often realizing it. As to the 2000-2500 a day, as I said in essence you can eat whatever you want including a “hearty” breakfast, but in terms of how you’ll feel and getting the right nutrients to stay and be healthy that’s another thing.

Also your choices of how you use your daily 2000-2500 calories and how full it makes you feel comes into play. For example a glass of pure orange juice is a lot of calories and sugar for very little benefit vs drinking more water and some choice fruit which would give same hydration but more vitamins/minerals and add more fiber and be healthier overall.

That said I watch myself and keep it healthy for most part but need to “cheat” every once and a while because that’s also what enjoying life is all about. (I love pasta and love desserts).

Just gotta make up the cheat meals with pure healthy ones to keep it all balanced and in perspective.

stratofortress, DonM, strat54 and 2 others like this.

8. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    Cheerios - cereal carbohydrate = sugar molecules compounded

Milk - lactose = sugar molecules in water

OJ - fructose = sugar molecules in water

Sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar. Triglycerides/etc

Connection between a tiny island called Britain once running the world's largest empire and the Full English Breakfast. Protein fat protein fat and protein: brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Going to get a bottle of HP sauce and sing God Save the Queen over a cup of tea

Gentlemen, if you never experienced the FEB, give it a go. I wound up eating corned beef hash for breakfast mostly in the US to avoid all the sugar everywhere

9. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I eat a modern American breakfast most week days. 6 oz Greek Yoghurt with fruit over it. The fruit is either Hawaiian Papaya, blackberries, pomegranate, or Atulfo mango depending on what's available, and 2 oz of muesli over that plus two large cups of dark roast coffee to wash it down. My wife and I like Salvadoran estate peaberry or Maui Red Rooster. There was a thread a couple o days ago where I admitted to a mild case of guitar snobbery. Ditto for food.

Oh, Piggy Stu, there is sugar here but there's enough fat in the yoghurt and fiber in the fruits and muesli that this is actually a low glycemic breakfast.

Piggy Stu likes this.

10. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Why do you think I had my big ol' Lousiana Hot Link? Those processed b..Holes and pig lips counteract any and all sugars!

Wildcard_35, nojazzhere and Piggy Stu like this.

11. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    My wife says I eat like I'm in training to become a very old Sumo wrestler. I've already lived longer than a bunch of healthy eaters I've known, so I'm just gonna go with my way is the right way!

12. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Ahh yes, the American high glycemic diet. Gotta keep that diabetes type II fad goin' somehow. Not to worry though, because it is only the toes that they remove first down the road.

Toto'sDad likes this.

13. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    That is the kind of cheery can do positive attitude my girlfriend's mother needs to get, when doctors say her foot may be amputated

Apparently, type 2 diabetes is impossible on unrefined foods, as all the fibre etc gets in the way of sickness

God bless refined crap!

14. GFrank

GFrank TDPRI Member

Mar 27, 2018
    Brooklyn, NY
    I was an all-state athlete in high school, and I have always remained athletic and have played sports my entire life - typically basketball through the winter, and softball and cycling in the summer. I also added some elements of Kung Fu - stretching, strengthening - courtesy of my younger brother back in the mid 90's, so I have remained in terrific shape and health all of my adult life, even though at 51, it gets more and more difficult to maintain, obviously. I injured my foot back in December, so there was no basketball this past winter and of course I put on some weight, maybe 10-15 lbs. My foot is still not fully healed, but now that is has started to warm up, I have begun to cycle daily.
    So in a crash effort to fully get back in to shape, my breakfast consists of: NOTHING, excepting two cups of lightly sugared coffee. So I fast until evening, hit it really hard on the bike, and then eat a big dinner. It is my first time trying this fast-and-work out routine, and the results are very impressive - in two weeks I am back down to my muscular, lean machine fighting weight of 180-ish, although I have no idea of my actual weight, as I don't own a scale and I am a believer in the Jack LaLanne school of thought in letting your clothes and your mirror tell you how you are doing on your weight. Now that I can cycle regularly, in another week or two, I will go back to my regular fairly healthy eating habits - which is mainly moderation and a balanced diet, nothing extreme except for no processed or junk food.

strat54 likes this.

15. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    But Mike...by eating healthy you'll be able to hate it for much longer!

16. Mike Eskimo

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Peanut butter ain't supposed to be sweet. Nuts/salt.

If I feel like a sourdough PB&J I want a salt/fat component and a sweet component and the bread. Beer goes good with that sammy too. As a cutter.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. If your idea of a day at work is chasing a mouse around a desk and going to meetings in-between a couple of sit-down commutes.

For those of us who do something - we ain't so worried about the Wilford Brimley (die-uh-beetus).

Hell - I know folks who avoid fruits like the plague on account of the "sugars" scare...:rolleyes:

strat54, Toto'sDad and Piggy Stu like this.

17. Mike Eskimo

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    I figure one halfway decent meal out of three is at least something/some progress.

And of course I had Lays for lunch so...

strat54, Toto'sDad and william tele like this.

18. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    I'm down 40 LBS since January. I had set out to lose 20lbs and I'm at my college weight.

I started out doing the gym 7 days a week for 2 months then cut it down to 3 - 5 days a week. I started out walking for an hour on the treadmill now I run 4 miles every time I go.

Eating good all week - hard boiled eggs, almonds, fruit and vitamins for breakfast with a small glass of Trop 50 OJ and carrot juice, grilled chicken and green veggies for lunch and usually a small dinner. No drinking beer during the week and mostly water. On the weekend I cheat.

I feel and look 100x better. No way I would go back.

strat54, GFrank, Toto'sDad and 2 others like this.

19. rich815

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    If your blood tests are all good and your doctor has few concerns with your weight, then yes, of course! Mine tests were starting to go a bit sideways on a couple of aspects and I got sick of getting tired often due to carrying the extra weight. Removing that 40-lb belt from the mid section since December I feel great!

Toto'sDad likes this.

20. rich815

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Good on ya! You know what’s strange that I found? Less carbs and less sugars seems to have opened up my taste buds. One example: I used to think things like raw almonds were bland and awful. But now their subtle taste seems so much better and I relish them. It’s like I turned the tone knob on my taste buds from 2 to 9!

strat54, noah330 and Piggy Stu like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.