Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I Am The Blues!

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by SnidelyWhiplash, Oct 1, 2017.

1. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Tele-Afflicted

Jun 18, 2009
    Hogtown,KY.
    Another great music documentary about the older blues musicians who are still
    touring & playing. Bobby Rush,Lazy Lester,Little Freddie King,etc. The performances
    are superlative.

The bonus features are a real treat. Won't let the cat out of the bag,but they
    are fantastic!

BadMojo likes this.

2. BadMojo

BadMojo Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2017
    Maryland
    Sweet, I need to check it out.

[​IMG]

3. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    What? I didn't know the Cookie Monster played guitar!

[​IMG]

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    A friend of mine loved it and gave me the DVD to check out, but to be honest, as a blues fanatic, it didn't do it for me and I have enjoyed every blues documentary that I have seen. Maybe at age 62, I'm just a hair too young to relate or something, I don't know. So, because my friend thoroughly enjoyed it, I'll give it a "must see", just don't have too high of expectations.

BadMojo likes this.

5. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Nothing personal, but they're running outa legitimate bluesmen, for these kinds of things...your enjoyment may vary

Obsessed likes this.

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    This is kinda what went through my mind watching, "I am the Blues". There are some gems, but for the most part, this documentary covers some of the lesser popular bluesmen and maybe for good reason. Nevertheless, it is a part of the blues history, so I can't discount it at all.

Frank'n'censed likes this.

7. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Tele-Afflicted

Jun 18, 2009
    Hogtown,KY.
    I understand why the blues " nazis " won't like it. No cargo shorts, flip flops, Hawaiian shirts,
    or tube screamers. But,if you enjoy great, heartfelt music, this may just be the Rx to cure any aliment... :rolleyes:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.