Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I Am Done Buying Guitars - I Have Top Guitar From Top 4 Guitar Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by taxer, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeboRock91

BeboRock91 Tele-Meister

Sep 15, 2010
    Italy
    in the end, the thread about what's "best" could've been a good one, even if it comes down to be a subject of philosophy more than guitars.

To me, there is no absolute best, but the personal best, and I understand that many on this forum think alike. To the OP, from what I understood, there is one objectively best but it is based on subjective experience (given that I respect that one may think there is an absolute best, there is some kind of flawed logic in here...)

Nothing new, but I just wanted to add my facts... err... opinions on the thread.

2. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

I thought that the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything was 42, not 4.

3. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    The major problem with this thread and the contentions of the OP is his inability to see that his opinions are not FACTS. By his wording and his repeated insistence he's attempting to make everyone agree with his opinions. And that's never going to happen.

Posters ALWAYS do better when they give others room to think and feel differently. And, when they don't it rankles a great many people.

For example, I don't agree that the OP's four guitars are the "flagship" of each brand. I think they are great. I think it's great he's pleased. But am I wrong because I don't agree with him? Nope. His is just one man's opinion. No more right or wrong than mine.

So, lighten up Francis. You got some guitars. They're great. Congrats.

By the way, here's what the rules say about this matter:

4. Gnobuddy

Gnobuddy Friend of Leo's

Sep 15, 2010
    British Columbia
    Too true. Replace "posters" with "humans" and you have a statement that applies to every person living on this planet, and not just on an internet forum. It's a life lesson, not just a question of forum etiquette.
    Ditto. Nice guitars, and I'm glad he's happy with them.

Not that I think it matters a pesky rodents rearend whether the guitars a person plays are "flagship" models or not. The happiness you get from your guitars is likely to last much longer if it's based on your personal enjoyment of those guitars rather than their "flagship status" in some advertising executives eyes. Kinda like marrying your true love is a lot more likely to last than marrying someone because she was voted Miss Californa by a group of strangers.

-Gnobuddy

5. goldtopper

goldtopper Friend of Leo's

Dec 30, 2005
    Liberal Lakes
    Flagship (adjective) in sentence: The Titanic was the flagship of the White Star line.

6. taxer

taxer Banned

May 11, 2009
    new york
    Yeah, but that begs the question: can't Miss California be someone's true love?
    Can't someone be extremely happy and in love with flagship guitars they own and play?

7. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    A guitar's ranking in the company lineup shouldn't make any difference to the person that owns and plays it, unless the status aspect is just as important as the musical part.

8. hopper

hopper Tele-Meister

May 30, 2011
    Virginia

9. setneckredneck

setneckredneck Banned

Feb 8, 2013
    Uh...'Murica
    Don't forget the Larry Carlton ES347.
    It's an OK guitar, I guess.

Also, you have to get a 'beat up modded bastard guitar'. Without a modded guitar you're just a wannabe collector. Am I right?

10. setneckredneck

setneckredneck Banned

Feb 8, 2013
    Uh...'Murica
    Guitars weren't meant to be played. Just ask that Les Paul guy.. Nobody knows who he is, but he has a TON of signature guitars.

Guitars are for collectors. They're the new baseball cards.

(Dear higher power/God, please let used guitar values plummet as deeply as sports memorabilia in the early-to-mid 90's. Also, thanks for making everyone, eventually, realize PRS and Creed were terrible. Sincerely, Agnostic)

I kid, I kid.

11. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    I used to get a kick out of the responses I received on the old PRS forum when I talked about gigging my '90 Custom, and all the dings that it had on it. :D

12. setneckredneck

setneckredneck Banned

Feb 8, 2013
    Uh...'Murica
    Yes! I didn't have a 'nice' PRS. Mine was a '97 or '98. It sounded good and had the real bird inlay and rotary switch. But, it wasn't anything I want to play again. It was just different, and expensive, and made me feel cool. (I wasn't cool.)

13. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    I bought mine specifically to gig with. The five-way selector got me close enough for most of the covers we did, and the trems on those guitars are outstanding as far as staying in tune even after divebombing.

I still have that guitar, and it sure is showing it's mileage, but it's still just as comfortable as ever. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

14. setneckredneck

setneckredneck Banned

Feb 8, 2013
    Uh...'Murica
    Mine was a '97 or '98 model. It stunk. It had a green flame maple top. Don't get me wrong, it was a well-made guitar. But, it wasn't a pre- '95s guitar. Compared to other guitars it was, actually nice, but overpriced.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but PRS went from duplicarve tops to CNC/Korea/China manufacturing in 1995.

I wish I had that money back today.

15. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    PRS did go from duplicarvers to CNC machines around '95 when they moved to the new location, but all non-SE PRS guitars are still made in Maryland (the SE line is Korean).

16. setneckredneck

setneckredneck Banned

Feb 8, 2013
    Uh...'Murica
    It's Frederick, MD. That's where Flying Dog brewery started, too.

I've got 7 'Handmade in South Korea' guitars. Don't knock 'em. haha

17. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    The country of origin has little bearing on the quality of the guitar, it all comes down to the specs set by the company and what price point they are aiming for.

18. setneckredneck

setneckredneck Banned

Feb 8, 2013
    Uh...'Murica

19. Gnobuddy

Gnobuddy Friend of Leo's

Sep 15, 2010
    British Columbia
    If she was his true love, he wouldn't care that she was Miss California. That's not why he loves her. That's just somebody else's opinion. And titles don't last - she won't be Miss California ever again, but she'll still be your true love, which is what matters thirty years later when the Miss California award is nothing but a distant memory.
    Sure, but if they loved the guitars, it wouldn't matter if they were "flagship" or not.

You have some very nice guitars. Enjoy them. And don't worry if they're flagships or not. It really doesn't matter a jot one way or the other.

-Gnobuddy

20. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Actually Flying Dog started out in Aspen, Colorado.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.