Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

I Am Done Buying Guitars - I Have Top Guitar From Top 4 Guitar Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by taxer, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    The first time the other two get hungry, that rabbit will be a top stew.

2. jkrischan

jkrischan Tele-Afflicted

Nov 26, 2011
    Buffalo NY
    That is a flagship bunny if I ever saw one

3. Ed P

Ed P Friend of Leo's

Nov 9, 2006
    California
    I love this kind of stuff - good clean fun for the whole family.

4. taxer

taxer Banned

May 11, 2009
    new york
    You have the right spirit, my friend.

The thread served multiple purposes:
    - clarified once and for all what the flagship models are: SG, Strat, 360-12, and White Falcon
    - sussed out the drips and humorless folks at this site
    - made all realize that one's dream collection of guitars is possible (even if it takes 25 years)
    - established that a single coil, humbucker, hollow body, and 12 string guitar are essential to everyone's collection
    - good clean fun

5. SolidSnakeBoss

SolidSnakeBoss Tele-Meister

Dec 16, 2010
    Nowhere Land
    Wrong, he never gave his les paul away. It was stolen from him and went through alot of trouble to get it back. He did give his telecaster away, but so what? He used it alot near the end of the Beatles and on the rooftop.

6. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

Feb 13, 2007
    Park Island
    As usual, I have nothing of import to contribute, but I'd like to go on record as saying I like guitars. (I have one and it looks like a Telecaster. It's black.)

7. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    The primary purpose this thread served was that it demonstrated the OP should be given serious consideration as a candidate for a popular Bad Dog thread going on right now.

8. Canuckcaster

Canuckcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 12, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    True, but if it had been all sunshine and rainbows, it probably would have disappeared after about 20 posts. I agree that it has been entertaining.

CC

9. thumbpick

thumbpick Tele-Afflicted

Nov 22, 2012
    somewhereville
    well i see now ....i lied.....i had made an comment earlier in this thread when it had some order...but coming back into it....this has gottin' so left field..i was'nt sure where i was..or what was going on.......i know one thing.... half you guys are nuts!...thats why i like it here...:lol:

10. Scantron08

Scantron08 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 14, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    Once and "for all?" :eek:

I'll have what he's having.

11. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2003
    NY
    I think he has his own definition of the words "flagship model".

For example, the Transit Connect is the "flagship model" of the Ford motor company.
    Doc Hollywood is the "Flagship movie" of Warner Bros. studios.
    Frank Sinatra Jr. is the "Flagship entertainer" of the Sinatra family.

See how it works? :)

12. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    I read this whole thing.

And now I'm posting in it.

What the hell is wrong with me? I have a great life. What am I doing?

13. Gnobuddy

Gnobuddy Friend of Leo's

Sep 15, 2010
    British Columbia
    Maybe you too are an anthropologist, collecting data on the behaviour of the species Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

I found it quite interesting to watch so many people get so worked up over a few bits of wood and wire. Also a little disturbing when you consider that all this fury was stirred up by a discussion about something as comparatively mundane as guitars. It gives you an idea how much harder it would be to have a dispassionate discussion about things that people are even more deeply hung up on (like religion, for instance, or national pride).

On the plus side there was no name-calling and nobody got kicked off TDPRI for being obnoxious, so perhaps there is a glimmer of hope for our species yet!

-Gnobuddy

14. itsGreg

itsGreg Tele-Holic

Sep 3, 2011
    Glasgow, Scotland
    The sg is not the flagship Gibson, sure they've sold more than lp's but only because it's cheaper.
    If you want something with Gibson on the headstock with inlays and neck binding and a proper paint job an sg is your cheapest option, most companies tend not to make their best product their cheapest.

Sent from my H.A.L 9000 using TDPRI app

15. BoogerRooger

BoogerRooger Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 3, 2009
    Suffolk Coast
    There is a sort of grim fascination to it though, I have to say.

16. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Friend of Leo's

Jan 12, 2007
    Cambridge, England
    All sounds very politically correct but if you think that it's wrong to buy a particular model of guitar because someone famous played it then that's a bit of an unfair statement IMHO. Mark Knopfler (along with many others in the UK) bought a Strat because Hank Marvin played one; Clapton bought a Les Paul after seeing a picture of Freddie King with one; I freely admit I wanted a Telecaster because of Syd Barrett and Will Sargent. I'm willing to bet that the majority of TDPRIers have the Telecaster as their guitar of choice due to the influence of particular players. The fact is, the major guitar manufacturers depend on artist endorsement to generate sales.

Kudos to any guitar player who wants to plough their own furrow and selects a model completely independent of external influence but to crassly dismiss anyone who doesn't do this as having "no mind of his own" is just a little insulting to be honest.

17. Sherpa

Sherpa Tele-Holic

Mar 20, 2011
    New England
    To be the best is most taxing

18. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

"I Am Done Buying Guitars"

DOES NOT COMPUTE
    DOES NOT COMPUTE
    DOES NOT COMPUTE

*fizzzzzzzle, pop, CRASH*

19. nathanteal

nathanteal Tele-Holic

Mar 8, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    Well...I bought my Telecaster for two reasons: aesthetics and tone.

AESTHETICS:
    My wife thought I should buy a candy apple red tele. I, on the other hand, thought arctic white to be a much classier and neutral color. Buy a red guitar, can`t wear a red shirt, if you follow me. I`m a little OCD that way.

TONE:
    I`m a bit of a snob when it comes to this. I picked through guitars that big name players used; Strats, LPs, even SGs which I just plain don`t like. I settled on a Telecaster, why? Not because my favorite guitarists play them (they don`t, in fact), but because it fit the bill. It sounded like I needed my guitar to sound. If I bought a Strat because that`s what Clapton played and it sounded cool, my music would be thoroughly lacking.

That being said...the only reason I joined this thread is because I`m a sucker for controversy. I can`t handle being merely amused by observation, I have to get in on the action! I have a sense of humor, but most people don`t get it and it`s super hard to pick out in writing. But whatever! I`ve gotten a good kick out of this whole ordeal.

20. nathanteal

nathanteal Tele-Holic

Mar 8, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, my apologies. I answered a similar comment earlier in the thread with a little elaboration. I`ve purchased some nice instruments because of others who used them. Shane & Shane got me hooked on Breedlove`s acoustics. I think my point was not that you shouldn`t buy because someone else played, but buy it because you like it and it fits what you do. If you approve of it, by all means! Go for it! But...yeah. I don`t mean to offend anyone.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.