Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Hurricane Michael Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Phrygian77, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    Well, here we go again. It looks like this one will head a bit west of us, but it could still be bad.

scrimmer and william tele like this.

2. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    Just. Saw. Wish all luck. Could be cat 3.

william tele and Phrygian77 like this.

3. Phrygian77

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    I'm just a bit worried about storm surge possibly reaching far inland in Wakulla county. Crawfordville is 13 feet above sea level. We're way up the the north side though.

I managed to get gas and water today. People here were already making runs on goods yesterday. I already have a good number of supplies though. Right now, I just need to go get a couple of cases of beer.

chemobrain, uriah1 and william tele like this.

4. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

Jul 31, 2014
    Tampa,FL
    just north of tampa and it already smells and feels like a hurricane is coming

Nubs, uriah1, william tele and 2 others like this.

5. Phrygian77

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    Also, being on the east side of the storm, tornadoes could be a threat.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    boris bubbanov and william tele like this.

6. Phrygian77

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    Right now, my pedal board and my Bassman combo that I built are sitting in a storage room at a restaurant that we're supposed to play at Friday. That place is about 6 miles south of me, and it's only 4 miles north of water.

william tele likes this.

7. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    I'd say go get your stuff right now, while you can. You can bring it home and protect it better.

8. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 19, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Good luck to everybody in Florida. Hoping for the best. I was just thinking we survived another hurricane season and then this late season storm kicks up.

Be safe ya'll...

Nubs, william tele and Phrygian77 like this.

9. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Holic

That's a really interesting observation and an unmistakably unsettling sensation once you've experienced it.

william tele likes this.

10. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2007
    St. Croix, USVI
    I hate storm season. We try to avoid the “H” word but it’s still going to be a major storm. My most positive thoughts, karma, & mojo go out to all in Michael’s way

SamIV and william tele like this.

11. Phrygian77

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    Possibly tomorrow, if I can, but there other more important things to take care of tomorrow.

12. Phrygian77

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    Right now, inland Wakulla county is only under a voluntary evacuation.

13. bluesky1963

bluesky1963 Tele-Holic

Apr 1, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    Good luck to all the Florida members!

I feel for the folks in eastern NC & SC. Last thing they need right now is more rain!

scrimmer, uriah1 and Phrygian77 like this.

14. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2010
    Decatur, GA
    If you're on the eastern side of this storm, watch out... that's the strong side. I'm in Atlanta, and I'll only be getting the weak side, but I'll still be covering the rotating vents on my roof.

Phrygian77 likes this.

15. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    So when you get surge, does it push back up the Wakulla River and force it out of it's banks?

Anyway, we're thinking about you down there. Make sure and get the beer...and maybe some Jack. No one will ask you to leave.:lol: Stay safe, bud!

Phrygian77 likes this.

16. Phrygian77

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    The river rarely floods, being feed by a spring. Water coming up from the gulf though. I suspect that St. Marks is in trouble, as well as Panacea, and a lot of the other coastal/river communities.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    william tele likes this.

17. Phrygian77

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    Right now, I'm thinking like Ira7, beer and meat to grill. Got both covered as well as charcoal.

william tele likes this.

18. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    We spend the winter on the coast right where it’s headed, been going there for at least 10 years. It’s beautiful but also very low and exposed, and the locals already had a horrible fire down there that destroyed a large part of the town just a few months ago. Already said a prayer for everybody down there so you guys be safe, and I hope it weakens more than the forecast.

uriah1, william tele and Phrygian77 like this.

19. Phrygian77

Apr 30, 2016
    Crawfordville, FL
    "When the trucks don't run, the bread won't come, have a hard time findin' petrol"

getbent and william tele like this.

20. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    FSU and FAMU have already announced that they are closed for the rest of the week. My son in Orlando has a friend that left Tallahassee earlier tonight and will sit things out with him until it is safe to return.

We got nailed down here in the lower Keys last year with a direct hit from Irma. No power for over 3 weeks. Devastation everywhere. Knowing your area, I'd worry that lots of the construction there is not ready to take a hit from a Cat 3 storm.

Do everything you can now to prepare and be safe.

Good luck.

Phrygian77 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.