Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Humorous Town Names

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stringbanger, Mar 18, 2017 at 1:47 PM.

1. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    guys here wen't the creative way :D

[​IMG]

Alamo, Guitarteach and Stringbanger like this.
  2. Badger06

Badger06 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2014
    Lund, Sweden
    I'm originally from Wombwell, South Yorkshire

Stringbanger likes this.
  3. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2015
    Omaha
    You poor boy...

Stringbanger likes this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2015
    Omaha
    I always thought that they should build an Outer Planets observatory in Connecticut, near Greenwich in fact, so that scientists could see Uranus from Mianus...

Stringbanger likes this.
  6. Tele1966

Tele1966 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    I don't mean this post to be offensive to anyone, but as a teenager in the Portland Oregon area in the 60's and 70's, (and always out looking for girls), it amazed me someone in the past named a town "Beaverton." As a 16-yr-old I just couldn't understand how someone in the distant past with city-naming powers could have so much incredible foresight looking into the future to name a city reasonably accurately.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 11:09 PM
    Stringbanger likes this.
  7. robinsong

robinsong TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
  8. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Meister

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    This might not be humorous ( just odd I guess) but I heard it mentioned today and thought it might fit in here:

[​IMG]

Swastika, Ontario, was linked to the Mitford family (they owned mines there)the wealthy British family who were in turn linked to the Nazis (Diana Mitford married Oswald Moseley, leader of the British Facist party). Probably not an association the residents make much of these days.

9. BoiseTelecaster

BoiseTelecaster Tele-Meister

May 30, 2014
    Boise Idaho
    Climax, Minnesota is just north of Morehead, Minnesota.

Stringbanger likes this.
  10. There's a place (not a town really) along the Appalachian Trail, reachable by car called

Max Patch

I just like that name. As for some of these overly scatalogical posts, doesn't anyone tire of this sort of thing? Jes Wonderin'.

If you wanna see a lot of amusing small town names, just pull out an AAA map of Kentucky or West Virginia. Check out the Western part of WV and the Eastern, mountainous parts of KY. Dozens of them, really, sometimes one after another after another in the holler. Diablock, then Avawam, then Wooton, then Smilax, then Cutshin, then Yeaddiss. This sort of thing.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017 at 1:18 PM
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.