Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Humbucker into a CV50

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by daniel o, Dec 2, 2012.

1. daniel o

daniel o Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2011
    manitoba
    my son has purchased a used set of Gibson humbuckers (I know they're Gibson). He wants to put one in place of the neck pickup on his CV50 Tele.

problem is, the used humbuckers only have 1 wire coming out of the bottom and the Tele has 2 wires. how would we wire the humbucker into the Tele's switch?

2. doof

doof Tele-Holic

have you tried stripping it to see if there's more than one wire inside that "wire"?

3. donh

donh Tele-Afflicted

Apr 25, 2010
    Oh Aich Ten
    However they are configured, there must be two conductors for the pickup to function. As doof suggested, go looking . . . . .

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. ESQUIRE JR

ESQUIRE JR Tele-Meister

Mar 8, 2010
    TX
    The single conductor & the braid=2 ??

6. daniel o

daniel o Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2011
    manitoba
    as best as i can figure, the braid as ESQUIRE stated is the ground for this set up and the hot wire is inside. now i gotta figure out how to wire it up to work. ground to back of pot and hot to the 3 way switch?

7. Thinlineggman

Thinlineggman Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2011
    Oregon City, OR
    Yes.

8. daniel o

daniel o Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2011
    manitoba
    awesome, thanks

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.