Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How to wire up a Nashville style

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by adjason, Jul 11, 2017.

1. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's

Jan 9, 2010
    virginia
    I'm toying with the idea of making a Nashvile type of three pickup tele and I have a couple of questions. Do I just use a standard 5 way switch like one would on a strat? I don't think there is an easy way to do this but it is possible to skip the neck and middle position (I never use this setting on strats) but somehow make one of the positions the standard neck and bridge tele combo? thanks as always for any advice

2. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    Jay Jernigan likes this.

3. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Holic

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    From the factory they came with a 5 position blade switch as one would associate with a Strat.

4. AAT65

AAT65 Tele-Afflicted

May 29, 2016
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    The other approach is to keep a 3-way Tele style switch for the Bridge and Neck pickups then either have a blend pot to mix in some Middle (which I believe is how Brent Mason has his wired), or push-pull to just add Middle. That way you get the standard Tele combinations plus the Strat "quack" positions (plus all 3).

5. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan TDPRI Member

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    I use the push-pull with a 4-way. Same principal. Run the switch and middle individually through another p-p and you can get your middle back.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.