Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

[HOW TO] Optimal Wood Density for Lightweight Bodies

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by thame2010, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2008
    Maple Ridge, Canada
    Whoever cleaned up that blueprint did a fantastic job. Could hardly read the measurements on the original floating around. How accurate is that to the original 62's, any of the measurments off?

2. preeb

preeb Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Sonoran Desert
    This is a superb 100% accurate repro of a totally inaccurate blueprint (-;
    It's way off the original 62 in many ways... but it's OK for the volume CAD plan.

3. Casual_Reader

Casual_Reader Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2009
    Ohio
    Sorry, I posted that on a short break from raking leaves and was apparently in a hurry to get back outside.

does that outline come close to what you find? = does that outline closely match the shapes of pre-cbs strats from which you've made templates?

In other words, I was wondering if you've printed it out full size and checked it against anything.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009

4. preeb

preeb Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Sonoran Desert
    This is NOT an exact pre-CBS blueprint.
    It's the same old 1982 Fender 62 RI drawing that was updated a bit by one of the members here and I think will be great for anybody who wishes to build a CAD drawing for the volume calculation.
    I made my strat templates on a pin router directly to the MDF to get a 100% accurate duplication. I don't even have any files... just the master templates which I use to cut the 3/4" working templates from...

5. Casual_Reader

Casual_Reader Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2009
    Ohio
    yeah... too much to ask (-;

if anyone wants to calculate the basses for preeb, there's pdfs on this page from some guy named superfly that collects them on the web. if you can import pdfs, it might be a decent start.

http://wimseegers.googlepages.com/electrics

6. thame2010

thame2010 TDPRI Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Osorno, Chile
    Gil, sorry for the late reply. I've been very busy with college this month and I don't think I can do the volume calculation right now, you see, I'm not very skilled with CAD software so it takes me some time to get this things working :D

I'll be ready (hopefully!) in the beginning of december so I'm gonna give it a try then ;)

By the way, your build threads are awesome!!! :oops:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.