Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How to hook up a USB interface to a non USB mixer

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by cocoboudin, Sep 17, 2017.

1. cocoboudin

cocoboudin Tele-Holic

Oct 4, 2010
    canada
    my faher have a Yamaha mg06x mixer and I would like to know how to hook up a USB interface on it. Pics would be very appreciate or diagrams. I would like may be to hook up a behringer uca222 on it, thank's Gino

2. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Tele-Afflicted

Left and right out of USB to a input channel on the mixer?

Alternatively, Tape in, Effects in can all work....(if it has them).

I prefer using a stereo input pair (or dual mono) to get or retain the strips EQ, Fader level, send to effects etc.

3. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Connecting them is the easy part. Signal routing and track assignments are where things are going to not work the way you're probably hoping...

Plug the two stereo outputs from the mixer into two inputs on your interface. That's the connection part.

However, everything that you have plugged into the mixer is going to be routed through those two interface inputs. This isn't a problem if you're only recording one instrument at a time (simply assign the inputs to new tracks for each new instrument as you're recording it).

However, if you're trying to record multiple instruments at the same time, everything will be recorded onto the same two tracks (basically a stereo mix of everything all together).

4. raito

raito Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    Personally, my main strreo outs go to my monitors. I use a pair of aux sends for the left and right ins on the USB interface. My returns are stereo so the interface outs only use one return.

5. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    Screenshot from 2017-09-17 18:31:22.png
    Does the Yamaha mixer even have USB inputs? I dont think so.
    USB to1/4 or to Mic adapters can found but I dont know if mixer will read signal?
    ---------------
    Input Channels: 2 Mono[MIC/LINE], stereo[LINE]: 2

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017

6. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

May 27, 2013
    California

7. cocoboudin

cocoboudin Tele-Holic

Oct 4, 2010
    canada
    What device is needed for connecting the Behringer UCA 222 for the iPad?? If it's possible the full name

8. studio

May 27, 2013
    California

9. cocoboudin

cocoboudin Tele-Holic

Oct 4, 2010
    canada

10. studio

May 27, 2013
    California
    [​IMG]

11. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Meister

May 7, 2015
    atlanta

12. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Meister

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    whatever you are plugging into this cable has to have an ios driver/app or the ipad will not be able to use it.

13. studio

May 27, 2013
    California
    Good to know, thanks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.