Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How to get a good shine on my squire fender acoustic

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by Zeppman, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Zeppman

Zeppman NEW MEMBER!

Sep 3, 2017
    Uk
    I have read you can get a really good finish using turtle wax express shine. I have tried everywhere in the Uk and the only place is eBay and you pay more p&p than the product is worth. Does anyone know of a product that's available in the Uk.

2. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    It does not create any kind of finish, nor does anything else you can use. On a satin-finish guitar any sort of shine you create will be caused by the polishing process actually removing microscopic finish particles and smoothing the surface.

If the guitar's finish is satin and very smooth it may work; if the grain texture shows at all it won't.

But if the finish is smooth any auto polish will work to some degree. How glossy is something you won't know until you do it. It usually takes some physical effort and is generally not reversible, so if you can find something similar to practice on it would be a really good idea.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.