Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

how to fix fret buzz?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by tommytoenail, Aug 21, 2008.

1. tommytoenail

tommytoenail TDPRI Member

May 6, 2006
    Howdy, i just installed one of the sold separately rondo necks on a rondo strat and after all the intial set up (nut, new strings, intonation, neck relief) i still have fret buzz. Im one hundred percent positive its a couple high frets. Ive taken a guitar to a local luthier before for just a quick setup and he said he hammedered the high frets down. I plan on doing this with some wood and hammer. will this damage the frets and will it work?

2. guitarzan13

guitarzan13 Friend of Leo's

Jul 25, 2006
    LaGrange, GA
    It prolly needs a level and crown.

3. tommytoenail

tommytoenail TDPRI Member

May 6, 2006
    that would probably be best but im trying to go for low cost and the neck was only 20 plus im broke (damn college). so ya i think ill just try it.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

Jan 24, 2006
    South London
    Unless the frets are unseated it's no use, buy dan erlewines repair handbook, get a very level 15-25cm wood block, masking tape and 300-800 grit water paper + fine steel wool and do a level and crown yourself. For now you can round the ends with your fingers until you can afford a fret rounding file.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.