Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

how to attach a baseplate to a tele bridge pickup?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by appar111, Dec 28, 2006.

1. appar111

appar111 Friend of Leo's

Mar 8, 2006
    Ohio
    I have a tele pickup that was pulled from either a '99 James Burton Standard or a '98 50's Reissue tele (can't remember which, I just found it in my junk drawer).

Anyway, it has a baseplate (not sure, but I think it's brass) that has a wire soldered to it, but no other way to hold it to the bottom of the pickup other than the 3 pickup mounting screws. It looks like it had some sort of wax or something on the bottom that has since dried out and no longer keeps the baseplate attached to the bottom of the pickup.

What should I use to reattach the baseplate to the pickup? Just regular wax? Parafin? Or just something like silicone? I'm assuming I'll need something other than the wire that's soldered to the baseplate and the pickup mounting screws to keep it attached, otherwise it will feed back like a mofo, right?

2. appar111

appar111 Friend of Leo's

Mar 8, 2006
    Ohio
  3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.