HOW MUCH? FENDER JIMMY PAGE TELE MIRROR WHITE BLONDE ROSEWOOD

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rze99, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Alex W

Alex W Friend of Leo's

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product/USA00244/jimmy-page-mirror-telecaster-6/

If you scroll through the photos at Wildwood's page, it looks to me like it is a slab fingerboard.

I don't have any interest in a Jimmy Page model per se, and I sure as heck wouldn't be attaching any mirrors to the thing, but a 1959 AVRI Telecaster was something I had been hoping to see someday. I'm a little tempted on that basis but I think the $2500 price for a non-custom shop guitar is pretty hard to swallow. Maybe if a used one pops up someday...

2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm sure they will - I don't see this one staying in the "collectible" price range. And as far as prices go - the least expensive Fender CS guitars have been over $3K for about 6-7 years now. If it were an AV series I'm sure the price would be $500 less.

Even with the typical 15% discount off MAP you're still looking at $2,125, which is a pretty hefty price.

3. Richie-string

Richie-string Tele-Meister

UK in the North - Yorkshire, but now in the South.
    I'm confused, I thought these were Custom Shop Fenders, they are on the custom shop website, it even says Page painted a bit of the dragon himself.

4. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Afflicted

Please, someone, what’s the score with these mirrors?

5. Andoris

Andoris Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I spoke with my guy at Wildwood today, and he got back to me telling me he talked to Fender and these models have a poly undercoat.

Ridiculous. I’m sorry to step on any AO owners feet, but why not make them like the Thin Skins or AVs, I mean for that kind of money it’s ridiculous that they are essentially AOs with Jimmy Specs.

Not worth 2500 American imo.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    rze99 likes this.
  6. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Friend of Leo's

I saw a bunch of them being assembled at the Fender Corona factory tour last week:

54214888_344169382893268_1179340840581988352_n.jpg

54255183_1916531921808879_3579088237366345728_n.jpg

LocoTex likes this.
  7. John C

There are 4 models - 2 Custom Shop, 1 USA production and 1 MIM production:

1. Custom Shop Dragon
    2. Custom Shop Aged Mirror
    3. USA production line Mirror (unaged - basically an AVRI '59 Tele with Page's signature and the mirrors in the case)
    4. MIM production line Dragon (basically a Roadworn with the dragon painting)

EDIT: As pointed out earlier the USA Page Mirror is closer to the old AVRI models than the most recent AV models due to the nitro-over-poly finish (like was used before 2012 and what is currently used on the AO models).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Richie-string likes this.
  8. Andoris

Andoris Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

They are more AO than AV. They have a poly undercoat under the nitro like AOs.

They are more or less a hybrid of a 64 AV look with AO finish and diff pickups/neck profile

9. John C

True - I should have used "AVRI" instead of "AV" - the AO finish is essentially what they used on the AVRIs (at least the 1998-July 2012 version).

10. Richie-string

Richie-string Tele-Meister

UK in the North - Yorkshire, but now in the South.
    Thank you John.

11. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

nice work .

12. Rufustelestrats

Rufustelestrats Tele-Holic

Think of it this way. They have made: 52, 58, 62, 64, 69, 72 American reissue teles. The 58, and 64s were the newer pre relic finish with no poly underwear. That is as far as we know.
    The AO went back to the "more durable" poly undercoat, and their sales have suffered because of the tone loss (just kidding not kidding).
    Now the only way to get a specific 59 year spec tele outside the CS is this one. Hmmm 2400. Seems cheap compared to 3-4k. Oh and the top string through option is brilliant. You pick your poison and takes your chances.

13. Sax-son

Sax-son TDPRI Member

Wait for a while until they hit the general public. They will either be coveted by those who own them or they will be "for sale" a lot if they don't meet expectations.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.