HOW MUCH? FENDER JIMMY PAGE TELE MIRROR WHITE BLONDE ROSEWOOD

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rze99, Feb 19, 2019.

1. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

In the UK it is £2,349.00.
    Yes.
    I assume this is made in the USA (..and not Custom Shop)
    It's nice but....but...
    it's essentially the AVRI '64 for another grand. And you get the silly mirrors that you won't use.

ENDER JIMMY PAGE TELE MIRROR WHITE BLONDE ROSEWOOD.jpg

I made this 59 type build with PV '58 for about 600 quid!
    IMG_6598.JPG

2. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

When I went to NAMM, I talked to the fender guys, and it's my understanding that the regular one doesn't even come with the mirrors. I'm shocked that it's more expensive than the Dragon version, given the paint job and pickguard being non-standard.

rze99 likes this.
  3. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

Yup i know, why its much dearer than the 'dragon' one i don't understand, oh wait, it comes with the mirrors that are not even attached to it, ha!

Makes perfect sense now.

rze99 likes this.
  4. drewcp

drewcp TDPRI Member

nevermind. deleted. I was confused.

5. mally

mally Tele-Holic

The Dragon is made in Mexico innit ?

6. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

Yes

7. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

I know, it's asinine. And the mirrors don't make it any less so.

8. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

WTF, isn't it supposed to be a toploader .. There goes the only reason I was interested in it

[​IMG]

9. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

Looks like it can do both.

Attached Files:

10. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

It's a specific signature model...each one will have the same neck carve, similar grain pattern, similar weights etc.... I'm speculating.

So, that puts it closer to "custom shop" territory.

Yeah, I too would get an AV '64 over it. I think the original was the same...toploader bridge also drilled through the body. Yep, expensive, that's how it goes.

Well, on second thought, it's basically an PV spec tele with '59 specs...thin neck, slab board, new pickup specs, a new model only with Page's name. It's cool the mirrors aren't on there to begin with. After an eventual discount to under 2G's it might be a really cool model. IIRC the list price on new '64's was around 2G's brand new (if not a hair more). I remember my PV '56 Strat list was $2,250.

I could maybe get into this as it's just a white '59 Tele Pure Vintage reissue with Page's name on the back, whereas I'm not into the whole signature paint job stuff.

Basic list would be $2,250 for a '59 PV Reissue, then add $250 for Page's name which is common on Sig models.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  11. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

As others have said the Dragon is MIM - and essentially a part of the Road Worn series combined with being an artist signature. The Mirror is essentially an AV '59 Tele - per the product webpage it does have the 8 mirrors in the case for those who do want to install it.

Both of them are set up to be strung either way - they have the holes in the body and the ferrules to string them up that way, and they also have the holes in the bridge plate to be a top-loader; they are strung top-loader from the factory.

rze99 likes this.
  12. rze99

Lefty Addams likes this.
  13. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

The whole thing is just a money making exercise as far as I can see, the CS models are just so over the top priced, and of course this attracts collectors who don't even play, but for me the Mex 'mirrors' one just insults the intelligence of authentic players who are fans.

It's just a blonde tele!

14. rze99

The white blonde one is actually the one made in the USA .but it is not a custom shop despite being 2.5k. Just like special run AVRI. AFAIK.

The mex is the painted dragon one presumably a print transfer. That one is 1.2k over here.

15. rze99

The white blonde one is actually the one made in the USA .but it is not a custom shop despite being 2.5k. Just like special run AVRI. AFAIK.

The mex is the painted dragon one presumably a print transfer. That one is 1.2k over here.

16. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Thanks Fender, nice move.
    But I think I would settle on a used white 64 tele.

17. John C

Actually that is the point - to represent the guitar as it left Fullerton in 1959. Is it a tad overpriced? Yes - as someone said you're paying say $150 for different pickups and $350 for Page's signature decal and the mirrors you can glue on it if you so desire.

18. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

From the pic i'd say there is one major (major IMO) difference. I may be wrong but judging from the rosewood where it meets the maple at the head it appears straight and not curved which would denote a slab rather then cap board like the 64. Slabs do sound different due to the fact theres more rosewood and it affects the tone. Of course some say theres no difference in board material or anything else so believe what u will. But IMO if it's slab itls going to sound different, IMO better. I refer slabs to caps. Caps sound almost in between a maple and rosewood board.

19. joecool324

joecool324 TDPRI Member

According to the description it is a slab board, which is cool but it doesn't justify the price difference IMO

20. John C

Being a '59-style it should have a slab fingerboard; the round-lam didn't start until mid-1962.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.