How Many Watching Live PD on A&E?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by zimbo, Mar 14, 2019.

1. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Easily the best show on TV. Live PD on Friday and Saturday nights follows 8 or 9 police departments in different states as they patrol live. You see the police handing calls and dealing with situations. It's hosted by Don Abrams, Sean Sticks Larsen and Tom Morris Jr.

It's easy to get hooked on since you see a lot of the same cops each week and get to know them personally. Sure beats fake reality TV.

Shuster and 8barlouie like this.
  2. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, whatcha gonna do..... My stepbrother just retired as a deputy. Boy is he glad to be out of that crap. Tired of arresting the same felons over and over and the courts soon just put them on the street again..

Chunkocaster and nojazzhere like this.
  3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I've watched it, and it's OK.....but still prefer Cops, even if it's not as realistic as it claims to be. I don't like the way Live PD jumps back and forth between incidents. Cops usually stays with what's happening until resolved.....and yes, I know, if it doesn't have a satisfactory resolution, we won't see it in the first place.

4. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I watch it often. One of the departments they follow is sorta local to me. Warwick, RI. They’re a lot of fun.

5. Deathray

Deathray TDPRI Member

I love it, but my wife hates the jumping around, so I have to DVR it. Then I can watch without her sighing, lol

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

I grew up close to Warwick, RI so it's fun to see that plus they're in MD a lot. I don't really like shows that glorify police, though. A lot of these shows make me sad because many of the people on them are downtrodden who don't need more problems and a lot of the officers are a-holes to them.

OTOH you know if the cameras were off they would be way worse to them.

Ignatius and 8barlouie like this.
  7. 4 Cat Slim

4 Cat Slim Friend of Leo's

+1 What noah330 said about it being a little sad to see people with a lot of problems.
    Another show I used to watch was the one about people with hoarding problems. Similarly,
    the shows present a lot of people dealing with problems that were years in the making.
    It's interesting for a while, at least.

nojazzhere and noah330 like this.
  8. Humble Pie

Humble Pie TDPRI Member

The wife watch's and after about 10 minutes of it for me I start getting real depressed .
    I can not believe there are so many screwed up people on this earth!

william tele likes this.
  9. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

I have watched this series every Friday night when it comes on. Last weekend I went to my friend's house and he was looking for something to watch. I suggested Live PD and we watched it for a minute, then he had to turn the channel. He said, "I just don't like those shows that glamorize the misfortune of others".

I understand what he's saying and I see his POV, but people getting pulled over and arrested is going to happen whether the camera is there or not.

10. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I can't watch it. There's always an officer that is the exception to the rule and treats the subject with despicable condescension for absolutely no reason. We have enough of that these days without seeking it out.

11. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You can see from the show there are a lot of mean nasty people that have to be arrested. Drunkenness and trying to serve a warrant really brings out the worst in people. The physical and verbal abuse the cops have to take is disturbing. I have a lot more respect for the cops out there doing that job.

Humble Pie and Nubs like this.
  12. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

Courts, public defenders, 4 officers, 2 police cars plus sometimes a K9 to bust one guy with usually minimal amounts of weed, blow, meth or whatever.

Nothing better to do ?

Total waste of taxpayer $$$ and resources plus most of the victims/criminals are black from the shows I've watched. Cops are really polite on camera I might add...certainly are not that wonderful and co-operative in my area.

Tomorrow the perp will be back in his car with his addiction supplies and they will do it all again. Earning their salaries but not stopping the problem.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  13. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Afflicted

You should know that nobody on TDPRI watches TV, much less reality type TV.

14. ScubaGeek

ScubaGeek Tele-Meister

I was gonna say that I think it's been more than a decade since I watched anything on A&E, but then I remembered that I let my get sucked into Storage Wars (probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been unemployed at the time the show started, but anyway...)

I used to watch A&E all the time when I was a teenager. Back when they first went to 24 hours, they showed lots of cool TV shows, movies, and even concerts. I remember them showing a Chris DeBurgh concert, once, and they also shows The Song Remains The Same (with a commercial break in the middle of Dazed And Confused, just like every other US broadcaster who showed that film). They show a lot of cool British sitcoms, and movies like Bananas, and The Man Who Fell To Earth.

But somewhere in there, like every other cable TV service that lasts more than a decade, it went down the toilet. They started ramping up the reality shows, and they also started rerunning programs like Criminal Minds (a good show, in small doses). I just became really disgusted with what A&E eventually became.

15. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

For the life of me, I can't figure out why lowlifes give their consent to be shown on TV.

16. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

No, but, i like Northern law and Texas law where
    you have Wildlife officials day to day.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.