Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How many Teles do you own. Why?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by moosie, Oct 18, 2015.

How many Telecasters do you own? (any brand okay)

1. None (yet)

22 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. 1

227 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. 2

182 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. 3

121 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. 4

83 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. 5

39 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. 6

32 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. 7-10

38 vote(s)
    4.9%
  9. 11-14

15 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. 15+

16 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. moosie

moosie Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I'll start. I have five Telecasters. All Fenders. All have single coil pickups. I've taken a walk through time... So I've got reissues (CS or AV): 52, 58, 64, 69. Then a modern American Deluxe that went for really cheap. Not the vintage specs I prefer, but it does have a compound neck, and with Lollars it's just a great Tele.

The 52 has Stuart Blackguard pickups, going for that snarly, meaty sound of the early years.

Then the 58 and 64 are both stock (except for a dual loader bridge, and compensated steel saddles on the 58). The 58 is wiry and bright. Bakersfield. The 64 is similar, but the alder body, and rosewood board give it a smoother sound. Bell-like. Think Cropper.

The 69 Thinline is currently sporting a Twisted/Broadcaster set. It's just fun.

The Lollars on the alder/rosewood Deluxe have a slightly hotter, modern sound.

I have ideas for more, some day. I wouldn't mind some humbucker Teles: Wide Range, PAF, Mini...

The Tele is a perfect canvas.

Do you have multiple Teles? Why?

Gratuitous family photos welcome :D

2. brianswindall

brianswindall Tele-Afflicted

1 '52 AVRI (2011)...it's enough. It does everything I need it to do.

Attached Files:

Kerberos and arctictele like this.

3. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    I have a MIJ '52RI that is on extended loan to a friend (can't get along with the 7 1/2" radius), a Hiway 1 with a pair of 'Lil '59s in it, and an American Special.

Why? Because I can. ;)

4. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    6. Because one ain't enough and all of them would just be selfish.

nojazzhere and atk1 like this.

5. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Dec 19, 2011
    Merseyside UK
    1 Partscaster, 2 piece ash BSB with tinted vintage/modern neck, both Korean, with Fender pat pend bridge, Gotoh SD91 tuners and Fender Original Vintage pickups.

2 Fender/Seymour Duncan partscaster. Deluxe Nashville maple neck, American Special sunburst body, pat pend bridge, Gotoh vintage tuners, SD broadcaster bridge, SD '59 neck humbucker, Fat 5 way wiring.

3 Heavily modified Squier J5 Tele, SD Custom Hybrid bridge pickup with coil split, Gotoh hardtail bridge, Gotoh modern tuners, plastic pickguard.

4 The Tuxedo partscaster, white 2 piece alder with black binding Korean body, rosewood Deluxe Nashville neck, Gotoh vintage tuners and 6 saddle bridge, Texas Special pickups.

They all play and sound different.

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Just two.
    An old b bender part-o-caster and a new, much modded MIM Cab Thinline.
    One more than I may need.

7. Ron Garson

Ron Garson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 18, 2003
    UK

8. Ian

Ian Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    Alberta, Canada

9. JD0x0

JD0x0 Friend of Leo's

Feb 22, 2009
    New York
    What counts as a Tele? I say I have 3.. Why? Because they're all significantly different, which brings me to 'what counts as a tele'
    One is a G&L ASAT with Dual Bill Lawrence L-90's full size buckers, coil splits, with a saddle lock bridge.
    One is a custom, but more traditional style with Joe Barden ashtray style bridge, single coil in the bridge, and strat pickup in the neck, 4 way, passive bass cut, tappable pickups.
    Third is still being built but it's a strat style hardtail with 2 TV jones, La Cabronita style.

All drastically different guitars, tele style, but they're so different, from the norm, some may not even consider them all teles.

10. pcampbell

pcampbell Tele-Meister

Jan 9, 2013
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Three: one fender thinline, one squier affinity, and one partscaster.

11. Togman

Togman Tele-Holic

Apr 28, 2004
    Cambridgshire, UK
    I've jt got the one. This ol '68 that I've owned since '74. Never really needed another.

[​IMG]

12. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    I've only got one. My intent is to have a suite of tones, so I have the MIM FSR tele, a MIM strat, a semi hollow, a LP style solid mahogany, two acoustics and a bass. I'll probably get a resonator next and then a Gibby double cut LP Special if I ever get another electric (no P-90s in my suite yet). Anyway, that is presently how I view guitars for me. A Gibby J-15 and Baja could happen someday too, but I'd probably have to sell the Harleys for that to happen during my lifetime.

13. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston
    4 MIA Fender
    1 MIJ Fender
    1 MIM Fender
    2 Partscasters
    1 G&L

9...how did that happen? Mostly I have that many because I got deals that were too good to walk away from. I enjoy them all. Been playing one of the partscasters most of this weekend.

Piggy Stu likes this.

14. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    I have never liked maintaining guitars. Even in the 60s-70s, when I had a lot of disposable money (ah, youth) and used instruments abounded, I rarely bought guitars. My general collection was an L-5, 54 Strat, 53 LP Goldtop, Gibson 12-string acoustic, and a Takamine nylon string. I always found Teles appealing, but I had the Strat.

I sold everything for tuition for my PhD.

When I started playing again 9 years ago, I decided to go with a Tele. I later added an Epi Dot. These are my main guitars. I inherited another Tele from a faculty who bought it with grant money, which he could not take with him to a new job. I don't use it at all, but it is nice to know that I have something to experiment with, when I have time.

15. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    Just one, a 52 Hotrod that is in the process of being de-hotrodded into a classic single-coil only 52 Telecaster reissue. I only need one Telecaster to be the Yin to my Les Paul's Yang.

16. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Five but it could be considered a sin to ask why around this place. Why? Because we all know why or we wouldn't own them.

17. ButterScotchPH

ButterScotchPH Tele-Meister

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    One with the usual tuning (Squier Classic Vibe Vintage Blond)and one (Squier Affininty) with the open G tuning for Stones songs

18. doc w

doc w Tele-Afflicted

Jul 9, 2011
    Canada
    I have only one, a Marc Rutters custom Tele. It does everything I need. Like Larry, I never really had a lot of guitars, even when they were cheap. Too much junk lying around gathering dust.

19. digiprod

digiprod Tele-Meister

Mar 27, 2011
    New Jersey
    I lost count after 15! They are all different with different pickups. Most are Fender, some are partcasters, a few are quite custom and one even folds for travel!

JayFreddy likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.