Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

How many of you are Hypochondriacs?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2006
    Garner, North Carolina
    Broad spectrum placebos. :) Great concept.

There's a lady at the office who carries a thermometer so that she can moniter her temperature all day. Takes a reading at the top of the hour, all day long, every day. She just wants to know if she's getting sick.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Nickadermis likes this.

2. bluesky1963

bluesky1963 Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    I'm not a hypochondriac, but I am a kleptominerac.

mnutz likes this.

3. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Meister

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    I'd just like to say to all: "Get well soon".

P Thought likes this.

4. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO

5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I don't have time to be a hypochondriac. It's a full time job just being this ill.

:D

Lake Placid Blue likes this.

6. doctor_capleson

doctor_capleson Tele-Meister

Feb 4, 2014
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    It's really dumb in my situation: Anxiety brings on hypochondrosis, which in turn fuels more anxiety. Once I get stuck in an anxiety loop, the hypochondria goes on and on until there's a massive panic attack (which I know is not a heart attack, but then I start to think it might be...) which resets the whole thing and I know I'm fine for a while....

It's very frustrating.

uriah1 and moosie like this.

7. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    My attention Span is too short to be a hypochondriac.

Toto'sDad likes this.

8. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Poor folks can’t afford to be hypochondriacs.

The have neither the coverage nor the ability to scratch together the deductible to get sick.

So , head down, forward march, keep going...

mnutz and Toto'sDad like this.

9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Awww Nahhh, you ain't gettin' away with that one. Some of the finest hypochondriacs I've ever known were poor as church mice! My wife's dad was the ultimate hypochondriac, there were nine kids in their family and they barely made ends meet, and most times didn't quite. Periodically, he would have their mother call the kids together, and he would give the boy's some article such as a worn out pocket knife, cheap watch, something along those lines, and say goodbye to my wife and her two sisters because he was "nearing the end." This eventually became almost an annual event. He eventually expired just before he turned 80 years old, so I guess he was actually right just a little off on his timing.

When I was a kid, there were the Hadacol Ladies who were perpetually about to die. They wore bonnets and mother Hubbard dresses, snuff gathered at the corners of their wrinkled puckered mouths, and they recounted the many things they suffered. I suppose the main thing was the addiction to Hadacol since it contained about 12% alcohol. I know one thing, they would fight to the death over those little packages, because of the relief they provided them from their deadly diseases.

10. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Not me, I'm dying and totally tuned out of that fact

11. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Oh yeah, when I was a kid, I died a thousand deaths at the hands of every malady I encountered in someone else. When I was a lad, there wasn't anything called insurance. In fact the first time I ever heard about insurance was when I worked for a company in Wasco California in 1961, and they instituted a "health insurance plan." We could voluntarily enroll and remain employed, or we could decline, and become unemployed. I think it cost something like $9 a month. Hoh, hoh, hoh, times have changed a little on that deal.

12. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    I meant, there's no pay-off to being a poor hypochondriac, whereas if you have full coverage - tests, tests, and more tests.

Hypochondria has to be related to Munchausen's Syndrome (not by proxy) doesn't it ?

I think it's the degree to which you believe you're actually sick ?

I don't know.

All I know is if I was at the doctor/dentist for things that are actually wrong with me right now ?

I'd be busy for months.

Ain't got the time.

Toto'sDad likes this.

13. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    I am not a hypochondriac but I am paranoid. :eek:

Serious, I am not but my neighbor is and he is always taking something because he is ill.
    I did go through a period of anxiety about my health and my primary care doc was really helpful. I got over it and haven't looked back.

14. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

Maybe she's just doing the fertility check?:lol:

Ricky D. likes this.

15. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2006
    Garner, North Carolina
    No, she's really scared. Her therapist advised her to set a timer for sixty minutes. She used to do it every 10-15 minutes.

mnutz likes this.

16. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Are you saying you're willing to run the risk of depriving a doctor of you open wallet?

17. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    as a cancer remission fanboy, I blame ever everything on chemotherapy and radiation treatments that's what my nurse practitioner has noticed. She could right but she doesn't deny that I am having medical issues.

I really think , that as I inch towards year 70 one day at a time it's the big D comin' to get me, but that's o.k. I really need the rest.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.